Why no native theme support?

Crowley

Sep 9, 2008
Just wondering why Apple did not include native theme support into the iPhone? It just seems like it would have been the right thing to do since in these times, customization is big ....

Crowley

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
I wish they did allow this. I come from a BB and it was great to change my theme every once in awhile.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I wish they did as well. Theming is the only reason I jailbreak.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Agreed, I wouldn't jailbreak if there was theme support.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Same here. Themes as well as Cycorder are the only reasons I jailbreak it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Apple probably doesn't want er--dumb people messing up their phone

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
If they would include theme changing (even themes that are Apple made or through the app store) then people would be safer from the dangers of jailbreaking.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
If they would include theme changing (even themes that are Apple made or through the app store) then people would be safer from the dangers of jailbreaking.
but Apple doesn't advocate jailbreaking so thats not a good point

if there ever was a theme app it would probably not be an app at all but integrated into the settings just like the wallpaper
you would probably be able to choose from like 3 or 4 themes

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think Apple is snobbish about its design. IMO, Apple wants you and everyone else who looks at your iPhone to see the Apple designed icons. Kind of like subliminal messages constantly saying "Apple, Apple, Apple."

I would love to be able to change my theme. I would give the iTunes store a lot of money. I even bought multiple to-do apps since I cannot decide. I cannot even imagine what I would spend on themes.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I think Apple is snobbish about its design. IMO, Apple wants you and everyone else who looks at your iPhone to see the Apple designed icons. Kind of like subliminal messages constantly saying "Apple, Apple, Apple."

I would love to be able to change my theme. I would give the iTunes store a lot of money. I even bought multiple to-do apps since I cannot decide. I cannot even imagine what I would spend on themes.
I agree with you Lisa. I would pay to be able to change my theme. I stopped Jailbreaking long ago. To much of a hassle everytime a new update came out. Mark

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would love theming to be default, but I would still jailbreak if themes you could use were limited to ones downloaded from the AppStore. Just about all of the themes I use are designed by me in Photoshop.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I would love theming to be default, but I would still jailbreak if themes you could use were limited to ones downloaded from the AppStore. Just about all of the themes I use are designed by me in Photoshop.
Yeah , I agree with you on that. I like making my own unique icons and stuff.