Why oh why did I do DF

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I ended up doing Direct Fufillment since I figured I wouldn't be able to get a phone for awhile, now every Apple store in my state has all 3 models in stock almost.. how great -_-

AT&T will still take 15 days to do DF I'm betting though.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I ended up doing Direct Fufillment since I figured I wouldn't be able to get a phone for awhile, now every Apple store in my state has all 3 models in stock almost.. how great -_-

You can always go buy a 3G in the store, and cancel your DF...

ACG2010

Jul 26, 2008
I did direct fulfill 7/24 after getting tired of standing in line and missing out.

Ordered a 16GB white.

Shipped 7/25 and will be in on Monday 7/28.

Guess the black 16GB is just waaay behind demand.

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Actually my black 16g came in today (ordered on the 14th).

When I was picking up phone, I heard the girl tell another customer, "we have none in stock." "If you want to order a white model it will take about 5 - 7, but if you want a black one its 10 - 21 days." Made me think black are more in demand.

Im in Florida, and it was SUNNY today. When I left the store, the back of my 3G looked purple, not black. Of course it looks totally black in normal light and artificial light. Theyre making a red 3G why not make me a midnight blue one? ;)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Go get the one you want and cancel the DF. Nothing wrong with this. People do it all the time.:)

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Didn't you have to put down the money for your iPhone to get on the direct fulfillment? That and a 7-10 day wait was the main reason that DF was my last resort.

I was able to get an iPhone 3G 16GB on opening day (white though, and I wanted black) at the Apple Store.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I tried to cancel my DF and was told that I could not do that until it arrived and then there would be a restocking fee.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I tried to cancel my DF and was told that I could not do that until it arrived and then there would be a restocking fee.
Thats a load of crap, I canceled mine before it arrived and when they asked why, I told them that I got one at the Apple store. Thats what they put into the computer and didn't cost me anything.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sorry, but you were fed a line of BS. Many people have found a phone elsewhere and canceled.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I ordered my 8 gb on 7/15 and it came in exactly the end of the 7-10 day window the store rep stated. Just picked it up yesterday. I did DF because of the issue of having a discount on my account. I was in line at the Apple store on 7/13, and the rep came up to me, told me there were only 16 gb white and that past me, nobody else was guaranteed they'd walk out with a phone. So fine, even though I didn't need the 16, I was going to get it, but then the rep asked me if I had a discount. I thought I did-called 611 and was told I couldn't activate at the Apple store and was not told I could cancel the discount and put it back on. The laugh of it is that this discount is next to worthless-doesn't take anything off the rate plan. But I hopped out of line and said fine, whatever, I'll just order through DF. Saved myself the standing in line for 3 hours, and then didn't spend the extra $100 for storage I don't personally need. (could care less about the color) Kept the dumb discount-may as well just leave the plan alone. But even with 20 + apps loaded and almost 1100 photos and 40 songs, I still have like 5.8 free, which now makes me glad I didn't end up with 16 gb because of lack of patience to wait for the DF order. I had contemplated calling 611 to cancel the discount once I heard about people doing so, and then chancing the lines at the Apple store. The other thing is that the Apple store is 45 minutes from me vs any number of AT&T stores right around the corner from me. I picked my phone up right in my own area, so in the end, it worked out just fine.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I got a DF from 2 AT&T stores...waited a week and went to Apple and picked up my iPhone instead of waiting for my DF orders.

Went to the 2 AT&T stores and cancelled my orders, no fees

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
My direct fulfillment went nicely. Ordered on july 11th friday, picked it up at ATT the next friday. And iPhone lines at the Apple store nearby were pretty long(and this a week after release).

Btw i ordered mine in Austin, Texas so maybe my close proximity to Fort Worth Texas the ship center had something to do with being able to get it quicker.

Shipping tracking said it had arrived on tuesday but i didn't get the ATT call till friday btw.

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Actually my black 16g came in today (ordered on the 14th).

When I was picking up phone, I heard the girl tell another customer, "we have none in stock." "If you want to order a white model it will take about 5 - 7, but if you want a black one its 10 - 21 days." Made me think black are more in demand.

Im in Florida, and it was SUNNY today. When I left the store, the back of my 3G looked purple, not black. Of course it looks totally black in normal light and artificial light. Theyre making a red 3G why not make me a midnight blue one? ;)
Yeah, same here. I ordered my black 3G on 7/14 and got it yesterday. I had the old version and really like the new one. Battery drains hard on 3G though. That's ok cause I only use it when I want fast internet

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Wouldn't the Apple store see that I've already established credit with AT&T and ordered through DF and not give me the subsidized price if I go to the Apple store before cancelling my DF?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
im glad i chose not to do it personally, i cant stand just waiting around