Why on earth does it take 15 Minutes to sync 3G?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Does anyone else have this issue?

It's ridiculous. What the hell is iTunes backing up for 15 minutes?

I've tried to restore. I still am faced with this issue. Any thoughts?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Its backing up everything from settings to texts to apps so...ya know?

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
I agree. In prior versions I think it only backed up upon request. Now it does everytime. I think I'm right.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah I guess so. Its just such a hassle now to sync the thing. Is it like this for everyone?
Yes, sadly. It really is becoming a pain to back up and Im starting to avoid syncing unless I absolutely have to.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah you know what stinks for me? Downloading apps from the app store really doesn't work from my phone. It hangs at the end of the install FOREVER. I've also tried the restore for that. Still same problem. So if I need or want an app. Its 20 minute syncing.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah you know what stinks for me? Downloading apps from the app store really doesn't work from my phone. It hangs at the end of the install FOREVER. I've also tried the restore for that. Still same problem. So if I need or want an app. Its 20 minute syncing.
Hmm...thats weird that yours still does that after a restore. What kind of connection are you using? Wi-Fi or EDGE?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
You can cancel the backup. Just hit the x and it will start syncing.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Im installing apps over Wifi. It just stops and hangs with installing under it. Like I've said I tried a restore, still the same ... Its so frustrating. Is that happening to anyone else?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im installing apps over Wifi. It just stops and hangs with installing under it. Like I've said I tried a restore, still the same ... Its so frustrating. Is that happening to anyone else?
That's weird. I would expect that on EDGE but no Wi-Fi.
And only happens to me on EDGE.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Mine hangs like yours does, but after a minute or so finishes installing. Have you tried waiting it out a little?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah I've seen others 3Gs download on wifi downloads and installs in just a few seconds to a minute. I swear my phone take at least 5 minutes. However, other than that I love the 3G iPhone.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Mine hangs like yours does, but after a minute or so finishes installing. Have you tried waiting it out a little?
Yes and no. Sometimes its hard to wait it out without clicking the screen because the screen times out and wants to shut off ... you know? But it seems that sometimes waiting it out works. Other times its been 5 or 7 minutes and now I'm getting worried that it froze or something.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Yes and no. Sometimes its hard to wait it out without clicking the screen because the screen times out and wants to shut off ... you know? But it seems that sometimes waiting it out works. Other times its been 5 or 7 minutes and now I'm getting worried that it froze or something.
I'm pretty sure you can use other applications while it installs, at least I always do. I'd just let it take it's time - though it is odd it takes so long for you.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Mine is taking longer then 15 minutes. I do have 53 apps plus the ones that came with the phone. I also have over 200 songs, and over 100 ringtones, but does it really need to take over 30 minutes to back up and sync? Seems rather long to me...

SrLANGuy

Jul 22, 2007
You can cancel the backup. Just hit the x and it will start syncing.
That's the best tip I've found on this site!

I've been installing so many free apps and synching so many times, the frequent "Backing up" messages have become really annoying. Just hit the "x" and it skips that part. Now, I can just let it backup during my normal daily sync instead of everytime I sync while testing apps.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Since I installed 5A347 I have no problems with the Back ups or Syncs; always less than 1 minute to complete the back up.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
If you don't want ot tp back up there is a setting that allows that

Deltido

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
takes mine like 30 seconds to a minute :-?