"Why Storm is no iPhone killer" <- very good read

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Very good read. It's going to take something really revolutionary to overtake the iPhone. I'm thinking, iPhone v3.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I agree. I don't think anyone will lap Apple before Apple laps Apple with the next version.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Sounds like RIM screwed up on this one. I hate the BB media player. I've only used it on my sisters pearl but with only minor improvements it must still be a nightmare. Why can't verizon just force you to pay for a data plan when you sign up like AT&T does, then you can have wifi on it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah.. I'm not hearing very good things about the Storm. I agree with Binks here - somebody's going to have to come up something that can really steal the spotlight - and without Jobs working on it, that'll be hard to do. I have a feeling V3's going to make it even harder.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Apple holds SO MANY patents that it is going to very hard for anyone to put out a true iPhone killer. Plus for the most part(mms-C/P) they are just above and beyond anyone else in forward thinking.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Apple holds SO MANY patents that it is going to very hard for anyone to put out a true iPhone killer. Plus for the most part(mms-C/P) they are just above and beyond anyone else in forward thinking.
Exactly!
You'll have to wait quite a bit for an iPhone killer.
I really don't think you could compare a blackberry to an iPhone, however.
I mean, honestly, they're both meant for two different purposes.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Very good read. It's going to take something really revolutionary to overtake the iPhone. I'm thinking, iPhone v3.
So I recently purchased an iPhone 3G, and now a new version is coming out. Why does this happen to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. The iPod touch, the MacBook Pro, and now the iPhone. Damn I should stop buying their products for real.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
So I recently purchased an iPhone 3G, and now a new version is coming out. Why does this happen to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. The iPod touch, the MacBook Pro, and now the iPhone. Damn I should stop buying their products for real.

V3 hasn't even been announced yet. Enjoy your 3G! :laugh2:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
So I recently purchased an iPhone 3G, and now a new version is coming out.
Don't worry, it will be late spring-early summer at best before it comes out. On the other hand, no one knows for sure a new phone will be released then. Probably will, but who knows.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Ah! Thank you guys. That feels better :D. But anyway I wouldn't buy a new Apple phone even if I had the money, I would go for newer Nokia phones by then. Did you guys see the new Nokia touch screen device? The Xpress Music one? It's awesome. It's not that new you know, but I haven't heard from anyone about it since it didn't come out in my country yet.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.

But for me, the E71i, N96, and N85 are just as good as the N95 and the differences are just minor, probably just in the design.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Don't worry! Buying the 3G is a great choice. If you used the logic you mentioned, you'd never buy a new phone, computer, or tv again. Be happy win what you got, you got the best!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thanks for cheering me up my friend. I know I have the best Apple devices there are. Except for Apple TV, I don't even know what it is and what it is for, and if it works in my country. I might be interested buying it if it's cool.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The iPhone 3G is thinner... compared to its predecessor.
Um, no. Sorry, but this guy is a 3G fanboy. Take it with a grain of salt.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
The [iPhone's] dominant widescreen multi-touch display with a single hardware button...
jeez... at least get your basic facts straight. I'm not trying to bash him, but really now...