Why the hell would Nate Tru release a jailbreak w/o sdk support?

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
after reading other post and finding out that there's no sdk support on Nate's jailbreak method (which im using), what was the point of this release (beside running 3rd party apps from installer) if i can't use the sdk when its released?:mad:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
after reading other post and finding out that there's no sdk support on Nate's jailbreak method (which im using), what was the point of this release (beside running 3rd party apps from installer) if i can't use the sdk when its released?:mad:

Don't worry we will be using the SDK for sure that is what this businesss is all about, we are using our phones to the Max til we get to SDK.:)

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
if he wouldve waited to release, there is the possibility that Apple wouldn't have sealed the hole that made the 1.1.3 jail break possible.

The end result of SDK + jailbreak 3rd party apps = hawt.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No one knows exactly what will happen, but for sure there will be an update like 1.1.4 to accommodate the SDK, so for that reason we will all be upgrading to the 1.1.4, its no big deal, no worry.:laugh2:
Maybe. 1.13 is ready for the SDK; it's able and ready to load Applications purchased from iTunes. 1.14 may be after the SDK; time will tell.

- John

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Enough with the Nate bashing, or implied bashing. The only reason that would happen is if you jailbroke from 1.1.1 instead of 1.1.2. The "official" (lol) jb states to only start with jb 1.1.2. That's it. Nate could have done the same thing but instead let 1.1.1 users upgrade. I would never go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 so I of course started with 1.1.2. No problems.

Bottom line, don't jailbreak 1.1.3 from 1.1.1.

--
Mike

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I've read that the Nikita framework gets installed in 1.1.2, which is why 1.1.2 is required for a kosher 1.1.3.

Not requiring 1.1.2 leads me to believe that Nikita compliance was not even considered or known about as Nate says in his FAQ hes unsure why certain functions like mobile iTunes icons don't work on some iPhones... Nikita is broken, thats why.

I expect this will all be sorted however with another installer patch. The community has already done enough work on Nate's release to NOT let it fizzle out.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
... this is what I did. Did I make a mistake? I could never get 1.1.2 jailbroken.
If everything is working OK, then let it be. If not, re-do it.

My point is that most all of the problems with Nate's JB were due to starting with 1.1.1. If things are OK I wouldn't bother re-jailbreaking till Apple releases another update (which I have no doubt will appear before SDK apps).

--
Mike

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
If everything is working OK, then let it be. If not, re-do it.

My point is that most all of the problems with Nate's JB were due to starting with 1.1.1. If things are OK I wouldn't bother re-jailbreaking till Apple releases another update (which I have no doubt will appear before SDK apps).

--
Mike
Only problems I've experienced are:

1.) EDGE icon does not show up.
2.) Ringtones do not sound.
3.) "Locate Me" does not work in Google Maps (which is a subject of another thread I have)

All really inconsequential.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Only problems I've experienced are:

1.) EDGE icon does not show up.
2.) Ringtones do not sound.
3.) "Locate Me" does not work in Google Maps (which is a subject of another thread I have)

All really inconsequential.
OK, #3 can be worked around via using LocateMe. The dev team jb has the exact same issue.

The other two are 1.1.1-to-1.1.3 issues but are correctable via fixes on Installer. If you can clear them up it sounds like you will be in fine shape.

--
Mike

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
OK, #3 can be worked around via using LocateMe. The dev team jb has the exact same issue.

The other two are 1.1.1-to-1.1.3 issues but are correctable via fixes on Installer. If you can clear them up it sounds like you will be in fine shape.

--
Mike

Yeah, those Big Boss fixes for the first two issues are good stuff. For those to show up in Installer you just need to add the Big Boss source: http://sleepers.net/iPhonerepo

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I have found that simply launching Locate Me and letting it find your coordinates is all it takes to get Find Me in google maps to work. You don't actually have to click the Locate on Map button, but you might as well anyway to save yourself a click or two, lol.

This leads me to believe that a dirty, yet effective fix is around the corner for both versions of the 1.1.3 JB.

Did anyone notice the update to Locate Me btw in Installer? I didn't do it yet in fear it might break something with Googlemaps, like "hey use our stuff not theirs!"