Why the iPad mini's price makes sense!

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Hinezy, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I think everyone is surprised at the iPad mini's price, including me. Then I thought about it. What happens next year when it gets refreshed? The current model's price drops by $100 and sells incredibly crazy! There would be no room for a price drop on the older model if they priced it too low now.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I really like the iPad Mini. 7.9" is absolutely wonderful and would fit my needs exactly. The original iPad was too large and heavy for me, to be honest, because I'd much rather carry my laptop if I'll have to carry something large, whereas the iPad Mini is, of course, much better than a phone and at the same time does everything I'd need to do on a laptop.

The price does make sense, as you pointed out, although the difference between the Wi-Fi and 3G versions in terms of price is kind of a lot and it's making me think which one I should go for. Do I really need 3G/4G when I have Wi-Fi access almost everywhere I go? Our 3G is pretty slow here but at the same time it's nice when I am at the north coast, for instance, and there's no Wi-Fi access anywhere.

I believe I am going to be ordering one very soon, but I'll have to find out how much I'd have to pay for customs and shipping first.

By the way, there's no such thing as a "locked" iPad but there is GSM and CDMA, right?

3. uralocal

uralocal New Member

I have been waiting a mini version of ipad since the original ipad came up. For a 7 inch lover i bought a kindle fire which sucks. The day came but i am not buying it. First i don't like the res. of the screen, second i didn't like the way they think developers do not need the resize their apps because its using the original ipads app size. What the f..? You are selling a product for 350 and making to use old screen because of this? Tim cook u are not Jobs and i think the company lost it soul. I am buying nexus thats it. And till that time i am using my handicapt kindle fire at least the res. is better..