why they have this price difference?

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
How much is the contract for the iPhone 3G?

Voice plans start at $39.99, with iPhone data plans starting at $30. The lowest plan is $69.99. In contrast, first generation iPhone plans were $59.99

why is it more expensive?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
ATT spent a lot to get their 3g coverage up and running, they need to charge more to recoup their expense.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com

Voice plans start at $39.99, with iPhone data plans starting at $30. The lowest plan is $69.99. In contrast, first generation iPhone plans were $59.99

perhaps the extra 10 bucks is the 3g price difference

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
iCafe is correct. AT&T has stated that the new 3G iPhone Data Plan is going to be $30 a month, $10 more than the comparable EDGE Package.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
What is 10 dollars times 24 months? What was the price of the iPhone before? Getting a clearer picture?

sme636500

Aug 15, 2007
California
Those prices arent that bad. Itll be cheaper than what I pay currently for my BlackBerry.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
What is 10 dollars times 24 months? What was the price of the iPhone before? Getting a clearer picture?
Youre getting 3g internet for 10 bucks extra, they still have costs associated with keeping the network running, expanding it and making it faster.

Its almost as fast as wifi, how much do you pay for cable internet? Im guessing its less then what ATT is charging you.

If someone figures out how to hack the phone to allow tethering then I will cancel my cable internet

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Youre getting 3g internet for 10 bucks extra, they still have costs associated with keeping the network running, expanding it and making it faster.

Its almost as fast as wifi, how much do you pay for cable internet? Im guessing its less then what ATT is charging you.

If someone figures out how to hack the phone to allow tethering then I will cancel my cable internet
Hmm, Treo 750 3G, Blackjack 2 3G, they pass the cost to iPhone owners only? No way. No other internet will go up that much.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hmm, Treo 750 3G, Blackjack 2 3G, they pass the cost to iPhone owners only? No way. No other internet will go up that much.
Thats what you get when you get the slickest new phone, I don't see people lining up waiting for a treo or blackjack, I don't see people drooling watching conference calls to see when it will go on sale.

Consider it a tax for being on the cutting edge.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Thats what you get when you get the slickest new phone, I don't see people lining up waiting for a treo or blackjack, I don't see people drooling watching conference calls to see when it will go on sale.

Consider it a tax for being on the cutting edge.
Haha, there is a terd with a Apple stick on it, I know who will buy it and defend the purchase!

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Wait hold on, let me change my signature to link to a thread that I created..
okay?
but hey can you please post in that thread
actually everyone post in the thread in my sig
and just write something about the 3g iPhone that a new member would find interesting
be sure to include the term

"3g iPhone thread"
or
"iPhone 3g thread"
somewhere in your post ...it will help this site greatly thank you!

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Haha, there is a terd with a Apple stick on it, I know who will buy it and defend the purchase!
Im not getting the new one, Im pointing out that people are bashing a corporation for not giving you things for free and making you pay for a service you use.

Imagine a company wanting to make money off of the phone with the most hype.

The audacity!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

They know with faster internet, more people will be using it on the AT&T network. ONly makes sense. iPhone users use the internet more than any other device, and now with a faster network, they'll use it even more.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007

"2.8 times faster" than EDGE is hardly wifi, unless you have your 56k connection broadcasting in your house. I suggest you hold on to that cable subscription.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
"2.8 times faster" than EDGE is hardly wifi, unless you have your 56k connection broadcasting in your house. I suggest you hold on to that cable subscription.
Its supposed to be 1.5 mpbs downloading I can live with that since Comcast isn't running half the time anyway.

I will probably keep it anyway but its a nice backup when comcast is giving me problems.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
The AT&T conference call today had Dela Vega on there explaining how an independent 3rd party measured up and down speeds on the new iPhone and it beat both Verizon and Sprint, so you can throw those data cards out when tethering is made available by the hackers.