Why use Instagram?

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm a new iPhone 4S user, and I'm curious why do people like to use Instagram, or why people don't like to use it. Please let me know your opinions! Thanks and happy new year btw!

1. What do you like about Instagram?

2. What do you dislike about the app?

3. What’s your top reason for using the app?

4. Would you recommend your friends use Instagram? Why or why not?

5. What other app is better?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Most folks just use Facebook or something like Picasa or Flickr. I've always used iWeb. I've never heard of Instagram before now.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I LIKE it and it is to fix pics and upload or whatever and share w friends that have it and u can get pics of everything you love!

However for great pics I LOVE snapspeed!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

C196464

Jan 4, 2012
Couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm not creative.

Jan 3, 2012
Funny you asking...love it. Taking photos of things you like and love then share them. Fun times! Plus you can hit up people or famous peeps at times too about the piks they post. I constantly post piks and respond to peeps all day too. It's fast, real time, creative, and entertaining to do. If you like social apps, and bragging then get on board like wifi peeps do. Especially iPhone users!

Life journey is perfection one day at a time...

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm still interested in hearing what others think about Instagram, but I just wanted to say how much I really appreciate everyone's insights thus far. Thank you very much for your help! I'm trying to use other forums and channels for gather this info but you guys are the best thus far!

Your friend from Canada,

Antony Le

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
to gather* (Sorry for the typo, I was too excited writing that post!)

C196464

Jan 4, 2012
I meant like I'm the kind of person to just take the picture and finish. I guess I'm not used of choosing effects, and experiencing

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
I meant like I'm the kind of person to just take the picture and finish. I guess I'm not used of choosing effects, and experiencing
Ohh icic. lol, I love the effects and trying to be all creative with the angles and lighting. Just experimenting. Well thanks for your insights bro. Good luck and have fun!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I use it mostly to fallow people from here. I'm not that creative but I like to play with it.

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
I use it mostly to fallow people from here. I'm not that creative but I like to play with it.
Thanks for sharing Bennboy. You have an amazing message count, and a ton of Likes! Well, one more Like from me to you! Thanks again, and have fun with Instagram.

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
Instagram, Snapspeed and Path had become widely popular these days. I also use Flickr to host my images. Those others for filter effects and sharing.

AntonyLe55

Jan 3, 2012
So snapspeed and path are for more filter options. They're not only for Apple iPhone are they? I use photobucket to host photos, just because that's the first one I used out of high school a long time ago.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I tried it out and I didn't think much of it. If you want your photos to look like everyone else's, then you might like it. The main use of the app is for people who just want to snap a picture and make it look artistic by adding a classic filter and possibly a frame. It creates it's own social network (think Facebook's news feed but only pictures). You can of course upload to Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I can't seem to find a web interface which is really odd since it is trying to be a social network. Everything is done from your phone. It's kind of limited in scope but it doesn't try to be an editor, just a quick way to make your photos less dull.