Why we may not get flash on the iPhone

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
from waht i've read, the reason Apple asked youtube to convert their videos to h.264 was because it is better quality and the iPhone plays them more efficiently. from all i've read, flash is coming for the iPhone. jobs told mossberg from the WSJ that it was .. and i don't imagine that he'd lie to him. plus, i would think to reduce the "threat" they'd come and make plugins for the iPhone and offer them to Apple. but again, from waht i've read, most of that is coming.

the youtube was all about battery life and quality of videos. flash videos look crappy. they cant do that for all flash video on the net, but youtube is by far the biggest.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
from waht i've read, the reason Apple asked youtube to convert their videos to h.264 was because it is better quality and the iPhone plays them more efficiently. from all i've read, flash is coming for the iPhone. jobs told mossberg from the WSJ that it was .. and i don't imagine that he'd lie to him. plus, i would think to reduce the "threat" they'd come and make plugins for the iPhone and offer them to Apple. but again, from waht i've read, most of that is coming.

the youtube was all about battery life and quality of videos. flash videos look crappy. they cant do that for all flash video on the net, but youtube is by far the biggest.
I tend to side with you on this one. Plenty of things coming. Heck, my old Ipaq had flash. The iPhone certainly will, too.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It has to be coming, it just has to.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
that site is full of a lot of speculative vitriolic crap. a lot of microsoft bashing too for some inexplicable reason. almost like they like being bitter 24/7. man...