Why White?

Anderson3G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I'm curious why anyone would want a white 3G iPhone? Care to share ... ?

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Same reason they buy white MAC Products :laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Racism? ;)

Seriously, what kind of question is that? :D

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
'because it's different. It's beautiful. It shows fingerprints less. It looks fresh and new.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Remember the original black iPods?

I know the plastic is more like that on the Mighty Mouse but remember hoe those original black iPods scratch rapidly and these scratches showed? The white ones whilst the same material did not show the scratches as much. I went with white for this reason - even if it scratches it will just go matt whilst the black will show the scratches as white.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i don't know if you know this but people tend to have different opinions. just because you don't like the white iPhone does not mean everyone else in the world agrees with you. sorry to break it to you. personally i wanted the black one from the start but i had to go with the white because it was the last 16gb left yesterday and im actually glad i did. the white iPhone looks very nice and sleek

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I like it. I like it a lot. I like it better than the black.

I bought it with my own, hard-earned money, to satisfy my own desires, not to please anyone else.

I think a better question might be... why do you care?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Poor guy. It's only his 2nd post but it has drawn the ire of these otherwise nice people. The question might have been better asked as "Why did you pick the color you did?" or something along such neutral lines.

Anderson3G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
The question might have been better asked as "Why did you pick the color you did?" or something along such neutral lines.
agreed, neutral is always nicer, but how else to understand the passion behind the responses than to dig a little ... exactly what i was looking for

to ALL ... thank you for your responses, i better understand a few of the key reasons - and i am more amiable to white now! ... but still in the closet :p

I like the passionate tradition for white. Thx

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
My friend works for AT&T and she was showing her the black 8gig that the store was playing with on 7-10 and the back of the black phone was more smudgier than the glass front. I was like "Nope, just give me the white one!"