Why wont iTunes recognize my iPhone

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Just that, jailbroken 1.1.3, on iTunes right now and everything recognizes except for iTunes. What could i do? i cant restore and i don't know what made the problem.

please if you read and can help me please take a minute to post it. Im limited on time.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Also what if i clicked jailbreak (on-the ziPhone jailbreak screen) on an already jailbroken phone w/apps on it?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
It sounds like you need to put the phone into recovery mode so that iTunes will detect it as a phone in peril so-to-speak. Once it detects the phone in recovery mode it should automatically prompt you to restore it.

I can't remember the process exactly, and I confuse it with DFU mode if they're not the same thing. Basically you hold the power button and the home button down until you see the slide message to turn the phone off. Then Let off the power button while still holding the home button, and place the phone into your dock. You should see a recovery screen. Its a bit tricky to get into this mode, so you may want to do a forum search on better instructions, I'm very uncertain on the exact method, I only ever used it a couple times.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Also what if i clicked jailbreak (on-the ziPhone jailbreak screen) on an already jailbroken phone w/apps on it?
Just tried this actually, and it will work for you I reckon.

The ZiPhone app will put your phone into Recovery mode, and if you already have iTunes open, it will detect the iPhone and want to take over from there to restore.

You probably want to stop ZiPhone as soon as it puts the iPhone into recovery!

I mean like SOOOOPER FAST!

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I did your first suggestion. It worked! I need to get you some money for all the times you've helped me.

Nov 24, 2007
turn it off the regular way then hold the home button as u plug it into your USB cable which is plugged into your PC. works everytime