Why won't my iPhone sync on the first try?

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
After I Jailbroke my phone (1.1.3), the thing never syncs the first time I connect it. It usually takes around 4 or 5 reconnects for it to finally sync up. A few times I've had to reboot my iPhone and my MacBook for the sync to finally happen. Any advice?

EDIT: I just restored it, and it's syncing all my stuff again as I type. I'll let it go as is for a while to make sure it continues to sync normally, then I'll try Jailbreaking again.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
After I Jailbroke my phone (1.1.3), the thing never syncs the first time I connect it. It usually takes around 4 or 5 reconnects for it to finally sync up. A few times I've had to reboot my iPhone and my MacBook for the sync to finally happen. Any advice?

EDIT: I just restored it, and it's syncing all my stuff again as I type. I'll let it go as is for a while to make sure it continues to sync normally, then I'll try Jailbreaking again.
Be patent, I always have to hit sync at least twice. You have to give the device a bit of time to be recognized. Make sure you hear to beep. You should not have to restore. :cool: