Why would Apple/AT&T think this is a suitable solution....

JiggaMyNegro

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
www.viewmymessage.com

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but whenever I get MMS (which used to be frequently, now it's such a damn pain to use) I have to use this hard-to-remember "login" just to see one picture! What kind of stuff is THAT? So now everytime I get a MMS that might be important, I have to scribble down the login and then hope it was actually relevant.

Is there ANY sidestep around it, besides telling my friends to send it to my email (that's terribly inconvient, and I'm sure a lot of them would be confused)?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
No way around it. The phone does not support MMS.

Viewmymessage.com or email.

JiggaMyNegro

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
*tears*

Oh god....why....

Well, thank you for the speedy reply. I no longer love this phone :(

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
*tears*

Oh god....why....

This has been a common problem that most people knew going in. In my opinion the iPhone does more things better then any phone I've ever had (web viewing, email, app store) then the things it does poorly (camera, lack of video, mms). I feel like people should investigate these things before making a major purchase. The lack of love would at least be expected.

JiggaMyNegro

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Oh, I knew as well. I just didn't know the whole....

"Visit www... to view picture mail"

Login: (10 random characters) and then a silly word, a # and then another word as the password. Which they, for some reason, thought would be easy to do on the go.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Oh, I knew as well. I just didn't know the whole....

"Visit www... to view picture mail"

Login: (10 random characters) and then a silly word, a # and then another word as the password. Which they, for some reason, thought would be easy to do on the go.
This is how it is on VZW with the BB 8830, because it has no camera they disable MMS - :\

The VZW one wasn't to bad though but it was the same visit www.vzwpix.com to view your message.

At least on the iPhone I know it would look better with the browser.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
*tears*
Oh god....why....
It's really not the end of the world. Just tell your friends to send the pics via email because viewmymessage.com is garbage.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Have your friends get email accounts. You don't have to pay a month fee for them, and in my opinion, they're much better than MMS.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Have your friends get email accounts. You don't have to pay a month fee for them, and in my opinion, they're much better than MMS.
I have to remind them not to send me MMS and send emails. I just had an issue and did not receive the Text Message for the MMS (others have had this issue in the past) on my iPhone or my wife's iPhone. Also, I had issues in the past and wasn't able to access viewmymessage.com for a couple of hours to view the meassage.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
They don't need to get email addresses. They can do it from their phone number. Instead of putting in a phone number to send an MMS they can just insert an email.

Sep 29, 2007
Easy solution Apple:
If you really want to steer away from MMS atleast just send a link in our text so we can click on it and then save it.

JiggaMyNegro

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Easy solution Apple:
If you really want to steer away from MMS atleast just send a link in our text so we can click on it and then save it.

I think I might be in love. EXACTLY! That'd be PERFECT!

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
sending to email really isn't that hard, everybody i know can do it just fine and this hasn't been a problem to me

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I truly loathe viewmymessage. It's a hassle to get to work and I often have to try a few times. Such an annoyance.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I truly loathe viewmymessage. It's a hassle to get to work and I often have to try a few times. Such an annoyance.
yes i mean really the page never loads up on the first second or third try it is annoying

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
sending to email really isn't that hard, everybody i know can do it just fine and this hasn't been a problem to me
Most of my friends don't use emails on there Cell Phones. Getting them to remember to send an e-mail instead of an MMS is another.

Easy solution Apple:
..an encrypted safari link in the Text Message would be great if I even got the Text Message all the time (don't even know how many I have not gotton), none of the BS with user name and password.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
yes i mean really the page never loads up on the first second or third try it is annoying
We have been on Apple to get the iPhone up and running bug free, but I don't know of anybody that has ever addressed AT&T on there great viewmymessage website. At least I know now others have been in the same situation with it not loading.