Wi-Fi not working with Belkin router

1. gcvt

gcvt Zealot Gold

When I'm at home using my Airport Express, my wifi works flawlessly.

However, when I'm at my girlfriend's house, it doesn't work at all. She's using a Belkin router and it works fine with her MacBook and my MacBook Pro.

My iPhone says it's connected to her network, gives a full signal on the wifi icon, etc. but when I try to load a webpage, it tries and tries and then says "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server.".

Very frustrated! Any ideas?

I can post the details from the wifi menu in Settings if needed.

2. Matt

Matt Member Bronze

I have the same problem! What's the deal anyone know?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. eplantz

eplantz Member Bronze

if you have to set up a password to use the router, be sure to turn OFF the iPhone option to AUTO-CAPITALIZE

5. Fred87nc

Fred87nc New Member Bronze

theres a wifi connection aroun my gf house and same thing gets full signal but edge is still active i guess Apple doesn't like belkin anyone find a solution also what cheap router do u recommend cause i need one for my house for my clearwire (clearwire sucks btw)

6. gcvt

gcvt Zealot Gold

7. charlich

charlich New Member

Wifi solutions

I had similar problems but spend 3 hours of quality time with Apple tech support last Sunday solving my problem. First, reset your router by unplugging it for several minutes. Then reboot your router. Reset your network settings on the iPhone. You probably need to reset your iPhone wifi setting to Wep +Hex not Wep. Then you should be prompted for any encryption number if you have it. It's as simple as that but I had the good folks at Apple scratching their heads. You may need to repeat this process if you move from one hotspot or wireless setting to another. Oh well....

Despite the length of time , the Apple people were great! Best.

8. sparkle

sparkle New Member

tried firmware update?

I had similar issues with a dlink router but I just upgraded the firmware and it worked like a charm. My wireless router was about 2.5 years old. It's worth looking for new firmware if you're having problems.

9. ksk

ksk New Member

wifi not working on belkin router

hi his page is not there any more , i am facing the same issue connecting iPhone to wifi on belkin router

10. jaybird360

jaybird360 New Member

Got it!

My boyfriend figured it out...just need to Login to Belkin web site and allow the iPhone to access...I guess I had some security set up that wouldn't allow the iPhone to access the router. Now all is well. I can get more detailed instruction if anyone needs it. I'm not too techy but I'm sure my boyf can type out the details if I ask, post here if you want them.
    :laugh2:

11. joaoeduardo87

joaoeduardo87 New Member

Could u please tell me how u fixed this problem thanks.

12. encee

encee New Member

Once you have the phrase that codes the router, how do you translate this to the iPhone? There are so many options in setup. Is the router pharse the password? etc

13. wingate

wingate Member

Try calling Apple support: if you just purchased your iPhone they should be able to talk you through it: 1-800-275-2273
    Your iPhone should pick up the ip address of the wireless router. If your router has a password or encryption, the iPhone will ask you automatically for the password.

14. worldcitizen

worldcitizen New Member

I just bought a Belkin N Wireless Router today and set it up for my 2 PC's & when I went to get my iPhone it had already registered the Belkin wi-fi and I could use wifi instantly without any configuration or problems. I went into airplane mode just to make sure and I could access safari, email, iTunes and download apps at very good speeds. At last now I have wifi! The Belkin router just worked out of the box for me. Of course I knew to go into my modem's browser address and turn on NAT. Everything just worked and I never even used the cd software included to set it up. No passwords or errors or problems. Terrific!

15. germandiazm

germandiazm New Member

This might be helpful

If this helps anyone… I had the problem that my iPhone didn’t detect my wi-fi router at home, and after I entered my router (192.168.2.1) I started playing around changing settings made 2 changes:
    -Changed the 802.11e QoS configuration (whatever that means) from off to on.
    -Replaced an hyphened character (á) in the SSID for a normal character (a).
    After doing this 2 steps clicked on aplly, waited 25 seconds for it to restart and now my iPhone detect my home wifi connection.
    I don’t know which one of this steps is the one, but is 2 in the morning and I’m not gonna look into it now.
    Hope this helps anyone.
    G.