Wi-Fi sync....what the hell?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2009
You can't do a wi-fi sync unless the iPhone is plugged into power?

What the hell is the point to that? I thought it was supposed to be wireless. If I have to get the cord to plug it into the wall, I might as well plug it into my laptop.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Amen. I've already griped about that on the stinkers thread. Docs to Go syncs with a push of a button. Why not iTunes. Can't believe Apple was so short sighted.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Amen. I've already griped about that on the stinkers thread. Docs to Go syncs with a push of a button. Why not iTunes. Can't believe Apple was so short sighted.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
When I first read about the Wi-Fi Sync for iOS 5 before it even was released, I was excited. Now I'm not, because you still have to basically do everything you had to do before. One thing that is cool though is it syncs as you do the actions, for example if you move an icon it syncs it right then and there without you doing anything.

But you still have to be plugged in.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I can sync without being plugged in just fine (settings->General->iTunes Wifi Sync). They may have put a battery restriction on it like OTA updates; if you're below 50% battery power, it won't go.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I can sync without being plugged in just fine (settings->General->iTunes Wifi Sync). They may have put a battery restriction on it like OTA updates; if you're below 50% battery power, it won't go.
It says you must have your iPhone plugged in to power and connected to Wi-Fi for the Automatic sync with iTunes to work.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL

Europa said:
I read something that said you need 50% or greater to sync without power, but then I read something else that said you need power regardless of your percentage.
The iTunes Wi-Fi Sync even says right on the settings that you need power source.

well, I don't know then, because mine is doing it.
Strange things have been happening lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
You CAN do wireless syncing without plugging in for power. Just manually sync it from settings. It only requires you to plug in to a power source if you want it to automatically sync.

edit: you can't be too low on battery to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.