Widget launcher on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

baig_a

Dec 17, 2007
Hi, I'm new to this website. I just found out its quite informative. I needed some help with Widgets. I have Installed the Wigdet launcher onto my iPhone. But i don't know how to actually put the Widgets onto my phone. I've looked at some websites and they keep on saying i have to download the widget and put in some /var/root/Library/Widgets. I don't know what that means. When i connect my iPhone to my computer i do not know how to access that folder. Can someone pls help me out with this? I'll really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've not tried it personally, I've not found a Widget that is just one of those "gotta have it" type of applications unfortunately.

Anyway, unless you're on a Mac I've not seen any reports of PC users having any luck with this.

If you are on a Mac, you should probably head over to Tuaw.com and search out Erica Sardun's posts, as she's the one who made the application in question. She's got a good breakdown/install/run-through over there.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm assuming your phone is jailbroken. You can then start up SSH on the phone, then download a program on your PC called WinSCP. That will allow you to connect to the phone via SSH and copy any files you want off your computer on to the phone.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Yah, go to Erica;s website and search around. She put out 2 .pdf documents and I know there is a blurb (4 steps kind of thing) on the installation of widgets. I installed it, followed those directions, and while some would open I could not configure them in any way once on the iPhone. I might have been missing something, but they were configured on my computer, maybe the config just did not carry over, though I followed the directions to a T.

Hope that helps a bit. I put the weather, skiing, and 1 or two others on there, they all opened fine.