Widgets inconsistent

Discussion in 'iPad Pro' started by Mickeylittle, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

It seems on my IPP that widgets, specifically Remaining Battery and Remaining Pencil Percents are hit and miss. I can pull down the notification panel and about 80% of the time these numbers are there but when they aren't they just aren't. Like today, I got a low battery 5% warning on the Pencil so I pushed it in to start its 20 minute charge to 100% (I love that!) and I have pulled down the panel but nothing there. I've restarted and even removed the batteries and readded it but to no avail.

I just checked and it works fine in portrait mode but in landscape it's a no-go. I seldom use my tablet in portrait but just thought I would check. I checked 3 times between portrait/landscape and currently it is only working on portrait for me.

This may last for half a day before it will just work again. Is it just me or is this normal?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try a hard reset.

3. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I did that too. While screen is on press home and power and don't let go until the Apple appears. Am I remembering correctly?

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Yes, that is the correct way to start a hard reset.

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Thanks guys that hasn't fixed the issue. But at least now I know I can just swing it around into portrait for a quick check.