Widgets Not Working?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maui Dave

Sep 5, 2007
Anybody get the widgets to work? Mine download and show about half the screen and then freeze (or just stop loading). The ESPN news one works, at least shows the whole widget, but then just stops.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
A few days ago when this was first posted here at EiP the original thread had a link to the instructions. There was post in that thread that told how to tell which widgets would run on the iPhone.

Basically the iPhone can not run an Mac executable. The html based widgets (like espn) are all scripted (not compiled) so they run on the iPhone without issue.

Complied widgets will not.
So before you move a widget to the iPhone. Right click it and choose 'show package contents' if there is an executable in there (the icon is a small terminal with green type) then don't bother moving it to your iPhone.

Dave how did you get past you log-in issue?

Maui Dave

Sep 5, 2007
I used "root" and "dottie"

A few days ago when this was first posted here at EiP the original thread had a link to the instructions. There was post in that thread that told how to tell which widgets would run on the iPhone.

Basically the iPhone can not run an Mac executable. The html based widgets (like espn) are all scripted (not compiled) so they run on the iPhone without issue.

Complied widgets will not.
So before you move a widget to the iPhone. Right click it and choose 'show package contents' if there is an executable in there (the icon is a small terminal with green type) then don't bother moving it to your iPhone.

Dave how did you get past you log-in issue?

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Anybody get the widgets to work? Mine download and show about half the screen and then freeze (or just stop loading). The ESPN news one works, at least shows the whole widget, but then just stops.
Hey guys
well i don't even even know how to get the apps into the widgets programs

How do you do it?

Can somone help me out.