Wife thinks iPhone is 'dorky'

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
No wonder you have that avatar.:laugh2: My wife could care less about most of my toys. Just live and let live and enjoy your phone.:)

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Actually, if you look at the moral majority of iPhone owners she is probably right. LOL

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Should I smack her, shoot her or divorce her?

It's funny you mention that because I've noticed when out in public or at a bar that I feel kind of dorky or embarrased to use the iPhone. I think because it's so much like a mini-computer it makes you look like a nerd, people are like "look at that nerd surfing the internet" instead of hitting on hot chicks.:p

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I usually feel like a nerd on the bus to school in a morning because I'm usually on EIC or a gadget news site or a mac rumour site while everyone else is usually chatting away LOL. And there's also this tos**r who says in boring and the iPhone should be for fun things not sh*t like I'm on. So when I say I cant watch vids on youtube because I've not got an edge connection he says the actual iPhone is sh*t and a waste of money. So I usually hit him....*mumbles* foolish, windows-using, Samsung-owning, no life and ugly girlfriend iphone-hater!

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
My wife's Moto Q died. I got her an iPhone against her wishes. Took her to lunch at a fancy restaurant and presented her with it as a gift, so she had to pretend as though she thought it was a thoughtful gesture on my part. I had it preloaded with all her contacts, photos, and calendar info, jailbroken at 1.1.3, with Labyrinth, iPhysics, and iZoo preinstalled, along with Search (now she'll never know that the stock iPhone couldn't do a search).

I even preloaded an episode of America's Next Top Model (my desktop XP box has Windows Media Edition to record TV shows), the episode from Everybody Loves Raymond where Debra gets PMS, and her favorite YouTube clip:

During the initial tour of the iPhone, she complained about having to learn a new "system" for navigating around her phone. She tried to complain about how she just wanted a simple phone that she could make calls from easily, so I did a three way conference call to her sister in Chicago and her mother in Cincinnati. I said Honey, try that on any of your previous phones. She admitted that it was stone cold simple with the iPhone, and would not have even been possible for her with any phone she'd owned before.

The kicker was ending the tour with a browse around her photos. Being able to pinch and zoom on the kids and her friends at their various events was more than she could withstand - the iPhone had cast it's magical spell upon her, and she was forever lost in the beauty of iPhone World.

And the icing on the cake? She left yesterday for a trip to Hilton Head with her girlfriends. On the plane she got to watch her episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, and apparently shot Diet Coke out her nose when Debra says "But there's no pill for Bitchiness, is there Ray?!" Her friends all gathered around to find out what was so damn funny, so she pulls our her headphone and passes the iPhone around so they can each take a turn replaying that scene. Now they are all jealous of her iPhone, and they all think her husband is soo dreamy and thoughtful for giving her such an excellent gift. She even freely admitted - in advance! - that I can plan on getting really lucky the minute she gets back.

Who's the dork now?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Let her use it for a day. She'll change her mind, don't worry.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
My gf thinks its for dorks too hence thatA why I have it or maybe she thinks I'm a dorks because I say things like hence .....

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
My gf thinks its for dorks too hence thatA why I have it or maybe she thinks I'm a dorks because I say things like hence .....
Yah I wonder if that's the general consensus with the female population, for the most part anyway?

I am cracking up! This thread is too funny:p

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Opposite here. My husband thinks it's dorky. Although I think he is secretly looking forward to getting mine when I get v2! LOL

thegasguru-you are one GREAT hubby!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Now they are all jealous of her iPhone, and they all think her husband is soo dreamy and thoughtful for giving her such an excellent gift. She even freely admitted - in advance! - that I can plan on getting really lucky the minute she gets back.

Who's the dork now?
TOO FUNNY! So much effort you put into preloading all of her fave's on the phone, too. Kudos to you!

And to Hondamaker: Kiss her and thank her. All the more iPhone for you! :cool:

I love it when the men in my family become obsessed with 'boy toys' - makes gift buying so much easier! Besides, I have a real soft spot for dorks.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
The dorky iPhone users are the ones that go all krezy with the finger flicking on the thing. I swear, I've seen more raised pinkies from iPhone users trying to surf the web than I've seen at tea parties with my daughters in all their years' growing up combined.

C'mon men.....PINKIES DOWN! You are making us look like pansies!

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
My wife's Moto Q died. I got her an iPhone against her wishes. Took her to lunch at a fancy restaurant and presented her with it as a gift, so she had to pretend as though she thought it was a thoughtful gesture on my part. I had it preloaded with all her contacts, photos, and calendar info, jailbroken at 1.1.3, with Labyrinth, iPhysics, and iZoo preinstalled, along with Search (now she'll never know that the stock iPhone couldn't do a search).

I even preloaded an episode of America's Next Top Model (my desktop XP box has Windows Media Edition to record TV shows), the episode from Everybody Loves Raymond where Debra gets PMS, and her favorite YouTube clip:

During the initial tour of the iPhone, she complained about having to learn a new "system" for navigating around her phone. She tried to complain about how she just wanted a simple phone that she could make calls from easily, so I did a three way conference call to her sister in Chicago and her mother in Cincinnati. I said Honey, try that on any of your previous phones. She admitted that it was stone cold simple with the iPhone, and would not have even been possible for her with any phone she'd owned before.

The kicker was ending the tour with a browse around her photos. Being able to pinch and zoom on the kids and her friends at their various events was more than she could withstand - the iPhone had cast it's magical spell upon her, and she was forever lost in the beauty of iPhone World.

And the icing on the cake? She left yesterday for a trip to Hilton Head with her girlfriends. On the plane she got to watch her episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, and apparently shot Diet Coke out her nose when Debra says "But there's no pill for Bitchiness, is there Ray?!" Her friends all gathered around to find out what was so damn funny, so she pulls our her headphone and passes the iPhone around so they can each take a turn replaying that scene. Now they are all jealous of her iPhone, and they all think her husband is soo dreamy and thoughtful for giving her such an excellent gift. She even freely admitted - in advance! - that I can plan on getting really lucky the minute she gets back.

Who's the dork now?
LMAO! That video is so hilarious!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Other guys don't think you're dorky. They're jealous. As I was saying by mistake on another post, my iPhone and my car are the only things that still attract guys half my age.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Other guys don't think you're dorky. They're jealous. As I was saying by mistake on another post, my iPhone and my car are the only things that still attract guys half my age.
I know which post you are talking about. When I read this I thought "what?".:laugh2: