Wife's iPhone 5 not charging

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by No clue, Oct 16, 2013.

1. No clue

No clue New Member

It wont charge with any chrger we connect it to. Just started after loading ios7. My old 4 did same thing. Message says "charger is not a certified charger". It came with the phone.

Sent using iCafe app

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try blowing out the bottom of the phone with a little compressed air. Might be a little bit of lint or 'gunk' on the contacts.

3. No clue

No clue New Member

Will do. Thx

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sometimes the inside of the port has to be scrapped with an exacto knife. If blowing out the port with compressed air doesn't work, try a new cable. If neither of those work, take it to Apple so they can professionally clean/scrape out the port.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I'm assuming you have already tried a different charger and cord, a re-boot and a hard reset of the phone plus Europa's suggestions. If you were unable to charge the phone from the moment you installed iOS7 then it seems awfuly coincidental for the problem to be with the connector or cord. You could try restoring the phone from a back-up and if that doesn't help then restore as new from iTunes. If all the above doesn't cure the problem it may be time to consult Apple.

Sent using iPhone 5

6. dalina

dalina New Member

Have you reset it all, this happened to me too in my 4s.
    Restore it to default settings and it will work, at least it worked for me.

7. eXposeThyself

eXposeThyself New Member

Take it into Apple. If it is within the 1 year warranty period they will give I a brand new one right over the counter. If u want to save all your setting on there back up to iCloud first. If too much to save and 5gig free icloud space is not enough. Purchase more space. Less headache and u don't have to renew.

Good luck. I'm on my 2nd replacement!

Sent using iCafe app