WiFi, connect in other place not at home

msapoznik

Oct 1, 2008
When I try to check mails or surf the internet in any free Wifi network that is not my own router or smtp I Have been connect to the network but I can't check mails and surg the internet.

Thanks

Msapoznik

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
In a lot of these free public wifi areas you have to accept their terms in order to use the service. In order to do this you must open safari and a page should pop up asking if you want to access the internet. Once you accept you can surf the web and check your mail.

jitterball

Jan 9, 2009
When I try to check mails or surf the internet in any free Wifi network that is not my own router or smtp I Have been connect to the network but I can't check mails and surg the internet.

Thanks

Msapoznik

i think that goes to open wifi network or your secure internet at home, so if you are using encryption at home that makes you not be able to get connected (for some reason) or it's a sort of IP conflict between your machine(s) at home and your ipod But i think it's the first one. are you using secured wifi at home?

perps

Jan 26, 2009
I have a question along these lines...

When i'm at home I am connected to my wireless/wifi network and all is good. I can send and receive emails through my charter.net pop3 email account.

When i'm on any other network or the 3g network I can only receive email, but they won't send. Any ideas as to why this is?

joey b

Jan 27, 2009
When i go on the internet like my internet that i connect on the xbox 360 my laptop it works on those but not on ipod i connect but it wont let me surf the web or go on apps like myspace and aim what do i do

perps

Jan 26, 2009
So does anyone know why these network issues happen?