WiFi Connection Dropping

choffy21

Nov 28, 2008
Glendale, AZ
My WiFi in my house will be working fine one minute, but then suddenly decide to stop working and I won't even be able to find it again. I know it isn't the WiFi in my house because my laptop and Xbox still work...

Can anyone help?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Sometimes you will get an IP conflict when you use several items in the house on the same wireless system. I would try the following.

1- Make sure you have the latest firmware downloaded and installed on your router.
2- In your iPhone go to settings// general// reset// reset network settings
3- Turn off your iPhone, router cable modem and any other unit using the wifi
4- In this order turn things back on: Modem (wait for all lights to settle), router, iPhone and other items used by wifi

The hope is you get a fresh ip connection between the iPhone and router.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
My WiFi in my house will be working fine one minute, but then suddenly decide to stop working and I won't even be able to find it again. I know it isn't the WiFi in my house because my laptop and Xbox still work...

Can anyone help?
If you have upgraded to 2.2, you may not be alone.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
So is there any update on my question?
I use an wireless Linksys Router at home, an have also some other devices on it. Ever since I updated my iPhone to 2.2, the wireless signal has drop too much! I think as dturner mention, that your problem is in the 2.2 firmware....apple will fix this soon as possible!

Also check this out: iPhone 3G WiFi problems after 2.2 update