WiFi - Connot find server!

amy

Mar 20, 2008
Ok, so i know there are loads of these kinds of threads kicking about, and trust me i have looked through loads of them and still no joy

i have an ipod touch, and have working wifi at home as we have laptops running on it, however when i connect my ipod to it, it will connect fine, but then when i try and access the internet it comes up with same old "con not find server" message,

i have tried things, like: rebooting the router, forgetting the network on the ipod, resetting the network setting on the ipod, and still no joy!

Also i have got all the information such a ip address, DNS address etc, when i click the blue arrow, so i no its picking the signal up.

So any new ideas would be much appreciated as its really starting to annoy me now, oh yeah and i have had the ipod working on a friends internet so i no it works fine

Please help!

lmbrown

Mar 20, 2008
Ok, so i know there are loads of these kinds of threads kicking about, and trust me i have looked through loads of them and still no joy

i have an ipod touch, and have working wifi at home as we have laptops running on it, however when i connect my ipod to it, it will connect fine, but then when i try and access the internet it comes up with same old "con not find server" message,

i have tried things, like: rebooting the router, forgetting the network on the ipod, resetting the network setting on the ipod, and still no joy!

Also i have got all the information such a ip address, DNS address etc, when i click the blue arrow, so i no its picking the signal up.

So any new ideas would be much appreciated as its really starting to annoy me now, oh yeah and i have had the ipod working on a friends internet so i no it works fine

Please help!

I am new to Wi-Fi. I also have an Apple Ipod Touch. How do you connect to iTunes with the IPod from your home?

amy

Mar 20, 2008
Anyone?..........:oops:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Have you tried Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings? Or All Settings? Probably worth trying if not.

Does your Touch work OK on any other public WiFi networks?

If it fails to work on other WiFi networks as well, it's worth trying resets and then a restore as well. If it does work on another WiFi network, then there will be a need to look again at your WiFi network setup ...

amy

Mar 20, 2008
Have you tried Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings? Or All Settings? Probably worth trying if not.

Does your Touch work OK on any other public WiFi networks?

If it fails to work on other WiFi networks as well, it's worth trying resets and then a restore as well. If it does work on another WiFi network, then there will be a need to look again at your WiFi network setup ...
Hi,

Yeah I have tried the reset, it does work on other networks, it’s just my home network I can’t sort out, any suggestions on that I would be grateful.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
What are you trying to access when you get the "Server Not Found" error? Have you tried to access anything else?

Does your WiFi Router have MAC address filtering enabled?

amy

Mar 20, 2008
What are you trying to access when you get the "Server Not Found" error? Have you tried to access anything else?

Does your WiFi Router have MAC address filtering enabled?
I’ve tried to get on loads of websites through safari, also tired to access YouTube and iTunes, but they just don’t load,

It used to have MAC address enabled, and I added my iPods address to it as I couldn’t even get on to the network then, but since I have added it, I can get on a the network, but still no actual internet on the iPod.