WiFi disabled after updating to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Sanjeev, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

After upgrading to iOS 6 on my 4S when I opened settings and then tried to turn WiFi on it was grey in colour. It is disabled and not turning on. Any help?

2. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

After I updated to would not let me connect to my wifi. It kept redirecting me to an Apple login page. However, it seemed to have fixed itself and is working fine today.

3. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I have several of my setting get turned off on the fly for some reason. The last one was iMessage. It was on and working before and after the upgrade but then this afternoon it was off.

4. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

5. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

I am having these issues

6. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

The total download size of iOS was 912 MB through iTunes for me. Was it so with you guys?

7. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Like everyone else I faced same problem... My WiFi was greyed out after upgrading to iOS 6. I tried Reset Network settings but this didn't help. But today I tried Reset All Settings..... Voila! My WiFi got active again. I was happy. But when I tried to connect to my Pocket WiFi but it was not connecting. I did Reset Network settings again... and shut down my phone and restart it.... Now my pocket wifi was searched and i got connected... But it asked me password to connect to the wifi... The moment I went to search my password and type, the wifi greyed out again..... I did Reset All Settings again.... This time my wifi got active again and I punched in my password and I was rolling....

So I think those who have greyed out WiFi try this: -

Step 1) Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings, If your WiFi is active then ok else follow step 2
    Step 2) After this again go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
    Step 3) Switch Off the Mobile and Restart after 1 minute
    Step 4) Check if WiFi is active then its fine
    Step 5) Else again try Reset All Settings

It worked for me .... It will work for you people as well I think so.. Good Luck..

8. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

I am again back to the square one. After having corrected the problem now my wifi is disabled again for the third time. This time my previous trick is also not working.

9. leehookem21

leehookem21 Member
    Bronze

Instead of a new thread, I decided to post this here. Hopefully it will get a few responses with help. When my wife updated her 4S a while back with iOS 6xx, her wifi was disabled. She tried the various solutions online and even took it to the Apple store with no luck. Updated to iOS 7 today hoping that would solve the problem. No luck. Any suggestions before we decide to say f it and buy a new phone?

#9 leehookem21, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restore it to factory settings.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

But you did start a new thread about 10 minutes later ;)

12. leehookem21

leehookem21 Member
    Bronze

:p

That's what I get for PWI. Restore to factory settings didn't work. Tried that a few times.