WiFi doesn't work

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tlyles

Sep 19, 2010
Can any one help me. My daughters iPhone 4S won't connect to my home wifi and s friends house but will connect at other locations. I have tried restart and a hard restart. Still the same thing happens

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can any one help me. My daughters iPhone 4S won't connect to my home wifi and s friends house but will connect at other locations. I have tried restart and a hard restart. Still the same thing happens
Try resetting the network settings on the phone.

Tlyles

Sep 19, 2010
Well that helped some. It asks to join then the password. When I enter the password it say incorrect password. I know it's the right password. I have three phone, iPods, and an ipad all others are fine?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try forgetting the network on one of the devices that works and then logging back in. If that works, you can be certain of the password, so then try power cycling the router. To do this just unplug it for two minutes.

Tlyles

Sep 19, 2010
This thing is a real pain. Did the forget network retyped password and it worked fine on my phone. Then restarted wifi modem still saying incorrect password. Sounds like maybe I need an appointment at Apple store. Only a two hour drive away.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This thing is a real pain. Did the forget network retyped password and it worked fine on my phone. Then restarted wifi modem still saying incorrect password. Sounds like maybe I need an appointment at Apple store. Only a two hour drive away.
There are more steps to take before making an appointment with Apple. First try resetting all settings and then do a restore if that doesn't work.