WiFi Dropping out while on a phone Call

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I did a search on this but I cant seem to find the exact problem I am having. Not sure if its because I didn't put in the correct search terms or its just a slightly different problem.

I have no problem with the Wifi on my phone, it works very well and from pretty good distances. I had it on a DLink G router in my house for a while and now on a Time Capsule N Router.

This is has happened with both routers so it doesn't seem to be the setup.

Ok here is what happens. Say I am on the phone and I want to check something on the internet, I go to Safari and it says cannot connect to the Cell network (which I know because I am on the phone). Now I was connected to wifi before the call but it drops. Ok I go into wifi settings and my network isn't there, turn the wifi off then on again and boom it comes back up.

So now I am connected and can surf. But the second I go out of Safari and come back in the wifi is gone again. I have to cycle the wifi on and off again for it to come back (sometimes it doesn't come back on the first try). The second I get off the phone call though the wifi works perfectly normal again with no drops and continual use.

My specs are 2.2 software 1st Generation 16gig that is NOT jailbroke.

The only other variable is I do use a bluetooth headset, first generation jawbone.

Whats causing the drops?

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Don't know what's causing the drops, but you're clearly on EDGE. If/when you get on 3G, you can do data and voice at the same time. It's pretty sweet. And no drops. :)

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Don't know what's causing the drops, but you're clearly on EDGE. If/when you get on 3G, you can do data and voice at the same time. It's pretty sweet. And no drops. :)
yes I know its switching back to edge. I am waiting on at least 32g before I get the 3G my phone is full now as it is.