WiFi drops out as soon as it's used

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
My Wireless connection has been working 100% up until a few minutes ago, now it connects but when i go to use it - safari - iTunes - youtube it drops out and reverts to edge.

I have deleted the connection, reset networks in settings etc etc but the same thing keeps happeing.

The only thing that i did before is update installer but not install any new packages?

Any ideas?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hate to suggest it, but if rebooting the iPhone desn't work, then a restore is in order.
Restore down to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, oktoprep, and then update to 1.1.2
Then jailbreak all over again with windows.bat and reinstall your programs.
Try the rebooting first though. you can even try to reset network connections under Settings, General, Reset.

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
Hate to suggest it, but if rebooting the iPhone desn't work, then a restore is in order.
Restore down to 1.1.1 and jailbreak, oktoprep, and then update to 1.1.2
Then jailbreak all over again with windows.bat and reinstall your programs.
Try the rebooting first though. you can even try to reset network connections under Settings, General, Reset.
Tried re-booting already and done the reset under settings, god, i really don't want to go through another restore, i only upgraded to 1.1.2 last weekend - bugger!

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
I think It's ok now, fingers crossed, i did a reset under settings - networks (again) then turned the phone off, re- booted the router and then the iPhone, i re - connected to the network and it seems ok now - weird?

Mar 26, 2008
I think It's ok now, fingers crossed, i did a reset under settings - networks (again) then turned the phone off, re- booted the router and then the iPhone, i re - connected to the network and it seems ok now - weird?
Hi, I've had the same problem, doing that doesn't work do you know wat's the cause of this problem and do you know any better solution? cheers

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It could be a problem with either the firmware for the WiFi Chip, or, if you are jailbroken, a problem with the jailbreak's firmware "workarounds".
I highly suggest that you update to the latest firmware and jailbreak again and then test. If there is still a problem, there are things in the Installer that are made to fix these problems, but I believe they are for 1.1.4.

Mar 26, 2008
It could be a problem with either the firmware for the WiFi Chip, or, if you are jailbroken, a problem with the jailbreak's firmware "workarounds".
I highly suggest that you update to the latest firmware and jailbreak again and then test. If there is still a problem, there are things in the Installer that are made to fix these problems, but I believe they are for 1.1.4.
Mine's 1.1.4 now. Had no problems with wifi until just lately. Didn't change no settings... Don't know why?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Try going into Settings, General, Reset, and select Reset all network settings.
It will reboot the phone. Reboot it again and then, with a short distance between you and the Wifi router, first have the phone "forget" that network, and then set up the wireless connection again. Then test browse as you walk away from the browser.
Go around corners, into rooms with doors closed, etc. Find when/where you lose signal. If it seems to happen fairly quickly, then the next step it to test on another router. If that seems fine, then the problem could be in your routers configuration. If you have the same problems on a different wifi connection, then it's most likely your phone, and if Firmware restores aren't changing anything, then it's time to make the appointment with Apple and get that phone replaced.