WiFi entered WAP password but cannot connect

lizzyc21

May 19, 2008
When I enter my WAP security password the iPod touch still says it cant connect! is there anything else i need to do?

I've searched a lot of threads but nothing seems to be helping, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
try changing it on the computer to something different and try again?

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
In the early days with my iPhone, I discovered the "auto-capitalize" option was messing up passwords. Since you cannot see what is entered, it was frustrating.

If you can change the source, i.e. your router, try all numbers and then see if you can enter that in your handheld.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The best I can recommend is to just make sure that if the password is case sensitive that you enter it in precisely. As Corey suggested try changing the password to something really simple temporarily and try connecting using that password. If that works then it's likely that the cases aren't matching up.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
another thing you can do is to tell your iPhone to "forget" the network. It's possible some weird setting got changed. To do this, go to the wifi in Preferences, touch the blue arrow next to your network. There you should see a "forget this network" button.

then i'd restart your iPhone.

then try connecting again.

lizzyc21

May 19, 2008
unfortunately I don't know how to get into any of my router details to change them, I am a complete novice

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
did you try forgetting the network on your iPhone?

lizzyc21

May 19, 2008
i have the 8gb ipod touch, not the phone, i don't know if that makes a difference but it doesn't seem to have the 'forget network' option

crism69

May 18, 2008
forget option

i have the 8gb ipod touch, not the phone, i don't know if that makes a difference but it doesn't seem to have the 'forget network' option
You can only Forget a Network if you are connected to it! If you do not have the password for it you will not be able to use this option.

i reset my router every time i go to use internet on my ipod.

you can power off your wireless router and power on again. then try to enter your password asap after doing this.

1.power off router
2.power on router
3.open settings in ipod
4.open wi-fi networks
5.click your network
6.enter password

please tell me if it works and thank me if it does pleasez!