WiFi has quit

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
hey ya'll. my iPhone 3g came unplugged last night and ran down completely. I have been charging it while i got ready this morning, on the way to work and at lunch in my vehicle. when I got to work, it will not connect to our office network. everyone else that is wireless can connect. It keeps asking for the wep key which i have entered bout 1 zillion times, and I keep getting an "unable to connect" message. I can connect by Edge to the internet. how do I delete out my work network off the phone or does anyone have any other suggestions. again the network is not down.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Reset network settings

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
did that several times. didn't work. also did a reset of the phone, and still will not connect.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Would suggest a hardware fault, take it into Apple for a diagnostics test and a replacement if necessary

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
My Wifi quit 7/24. I have tried all the reset/restore options, still nothing. I have an appointment at Apple tomorrow.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Welcome to the iPhone 3GS gremlin club. My wifi at least still works a lot of places. Just not at work where I really need it!

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
Called Apple support, new phone to arrive tomorrow overnight. Will see how it does. Was surprised that they charged a $499 "hold" fee to my credit card. They didn't do that before when they sent me a replacement phone.

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
opinions please. I got my iPhone in February 2009, I had to send it off in April because it kept locking up and the sound quit. Now I have another phone on the way because wifi quit.

Am I just living Murphy's Law, or does everyone have a lot of problems with these phones? I am just so frustrated and very disappointed that I am having these problems. I am thinking just sell the replacement, use my centro for a phone and maybe get an iPod touch. I love the apps and the touch screen but I think Murphy is stalking me!

Everyone here on this forum has been so great and helpful and I really value your opinions and comments.

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
new phone is here, seems to be working. it is connecting to the secure wireless network at work. yeah! Did find a post somewhere that if the serial number begins with 5 it is a refurbish. that is what I was sent.