WiFi Help!

Ddrumbum

Bronze
Apr 14, 2011
Hello.

I was wondering and could not find any info, but is the verizon iPhone wireless N capable? My router is wireless N and it seems to really have issues( very very slow). Any help or advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Hello.

I was wondering and could not find any info, but is the verizon iPhone wireless N capable? My router is wireless N and it seems to really have issues( very very slow). Any help or advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks
What is your router exactly? Brand? Power?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Dlink dual band wireless N. Not sure what you mean by power?
How many devices are on that router? If u are drawing a lot from it will cause u to have issues. I'm pretty sure I have a n aeries router also and have problems but just my phone and wii are on it.

Ddrumbum

Bronze
Apr 14, 2011
How many devices are on that router? If u are drawing a lot from it will cause u to have issues. I'm pretty sure I have a n aeries router also and have problems but just my phone and wii are on it.
I have 2 laptops, playstation 3 and my iPhone.
When I run a speedtest on my phone it is great, but when I get on the apps app and search around it is horribly slow(much faster with just my 3g)does that say anything?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Jun 10, 2011
My phone has not picked up wifi for over 1 year! In settings the wifi is greyed out.
I have tried re setting and even placed it in the freezer as suggested by someone which did in fact bring back the signal but only for a few moments.
All advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
My phone has not picked up wifi for over 1 year! In settings the wifi is greyed out.
I have tried re setting and even placed it in the freezer as suggested by someone which did in fact bring back the signal but only for a few moments.
In the freezer?! I don't got a clue how that would work. Anyways, try a restore. That's your only option. Someone here might have an option via hardware or jailbreak.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
In the freezer?! I don't got a clue how that would work. Anyways, try a restore. That's your only option. Someone here might have an option via hardware or jailbreak.
Some people put their defective hard drives in the freezer to try to get enough life out of them to recover data.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Nothing like waiting until the warranty has expired..... Seriously ?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app 1.6

Jun 24, 2011
After I tried restoring, if it still didn't work, I would go to the Apple store and sign up for Genius Bar help. Yes it's time-consuming.

Nov 27, 2012
HEEY. Guess what.. my iPhone has the SAME problem. No wifi. Completely greyed out. :( Problem IS.. I stay in India.. so I can't go to an Apple store. And I think my warranty is out. :p Any suggestions?