WiFi hotspot keeps appearing then disappearing.. pretty weird

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I connected to my work's Wifi yesterday but ever since I hit the sleep button on my phone the Wifi hotspot display in the Wifi settings keeps appearing then 3 sec later it disappears. When I tap on it it says unable to connect. Anyone else have this problem? I have no idea if its a iPhone problem or if its my work's wifi that has the problem.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
That happens to me to. Sometimes my Airport connection is there, sometimes not. Usually it finds it though but sometimes I have to manually connect it in the settings. Same thing occasionally happens on my Macbook.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The first post is interesting as it seems exactly like what I experienced on my iPhone (see the thread I started called Poor WiFi range).

In my case I have two laptops, one a few years old with not-so-good WiFi range and the other only a few months old with great WiFi range. My iPhone, although a bit better than when I first started that thread, is not as good range-wise compared to either of the laptops. And I had to swap APs to make it work even acceptably, something I won't be able to do at most hot spots ;).

But the two replies to the thread I started seemed to indicate the iPhone is great with WiFi range, which mine clearly is not. It might prove to be acceptable, but at this point not great.

OTOH, I don't want to go through the exercise of returning it if they all work that way. And for sure there is a software bug when it comes to DNS with certain routers (i.e., one shouldn't have to override DNS settings).

--
Mike