WiFi Loosing connection when iPhone locks

Aug 20, 2007
I thought I've seen this talked about somewhere, now I can't find it. :mad:
My wifi connects fine, but when the iPhone locks it looses connection. So I need to unlock it, and go back in to settings and select a network. Is there a setting I am missing?

Like I said, I am sorry if this discussed in another thread, but I really couldn't find it. :p

Beau

Jul 31, 2007
I've had this issue with my Linksys router from day 1. Just ran the software update to 1.0.2, now in works great.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
mine will drop it sometimes after its locked for a while but i just unlock and wait like 15-30 seconds and it reconnects.... try to go in and forget the network and then set it again...

Aug 20, 2007
Thanks, seems to be working great now. I had read that with the 1.02 update WiFi seemed to be better for some people. Count me in that group. My iPhone is getting and holding signal stregth better and seeing nearby networks it never saw before. (the were there as they are my neighbors and I knew they had a router..LOL)

Beau

Jul 31, 2007
Yeah, I still haven't had a blip since updating to 1.0.2. I'm now taking for granted how much of a pain it was to reset the connection everytime I came back home or waking the device from sleep. :cool: