WiFi network network is "active" but i can't browse or check email or anything

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
i have been having trouble with WiFi in two situations. if there is a WEP password, the password is accepted and the network is "active" but i can't browse or check email or anything.

the other situation is when i am at a starbucks or something where they have a WiFi where you put in a password on a website. once again, it says that the right network is active but i can't browse.

help?

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i have been having trouble with WiFi in two situations. if there is a WEP password, the password is accepted and the network is "active" but i can't browse or check email or anything.

the other situation is when i am at a starbucks or something where they have a WiFi where you put in a password on a website. once again, it says that the right network is active but i can't browse.

help?
I have had problems with both of these in the past. I turned off the iPhone option auto-capitalization and it works much better entering passwords.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

help?
When you go to Settings>Wifi does it show a check next to the network?

Jul 9, 2007
Orange County, CA

help?
not sure if this is the problem, but you have to have a t-mobile account to use Starbucks' wifi, it's not free.