WiFi Network

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by spqr, Apr 26, 2009.

1. spqr

spqr New Member

I don't have a wifi mobile phone - I can connect my 2nd g Ipod Touch through wifi when at home - is there any way I can connect to networks whilst traveling around the uk? Is theresomething I can subscribe to?
    thanks

2. vee

vee New Member

how can i use the forms on my ipod when im not hook to the computer at home if i am out

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

spqr: There are probably hotspots around densely populated areas in the UK. I wouldn't know any specifics, but you might just look around. Scan the Wi-Fi network list while you're walking around. If you see an unsecured network (without the lock icon), connect to it and try and browse a web page. Chances are, it will probably bring up a login/registration menu that will have you pay a small fee for access.

dobbie: I don't understand what question you have, so you might try to reword it...you should probably try to start a new thread instead of replying, as you will probably get a better chance of somebody seeing your question and having an answer for you.

#3 fury, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  4. ZzZ63

ZzZ63 New Member

My work makes us change our password every 90 days to be able to get on the network. So when I got my iPhone and inputted my username and password everything was fine phone would remember username and password. so this is how it would work, on my arrival to work my phone would recognize the Wi-Fi pop open a screen with my username and password already in the box all I had to do was hit continue and I was on the network. now I try to input my new password by highlighting where the password was backspacing deleted and input new password it works fine but I have to do this all the time because it always comes back up with my old password I cannot figure out how to make it remember the new password any ideas? Also by the way when the screen does pop up and you can choose in advance mode to forget this network I've done that plenty of times and it seems it will not forget that network I was hoping I could do this then input back my username with my new password and I would be fine but that is not the case. At home I have no problems as soon as I drive up to the property the phone goes directly into the Wi-Fi mode without me having to hit a button etc. I did see there's a way to reset network settings, but I am reluctant to do this as this might delete all my network settings which I don't want to do. Is there a way to just delete my work network setting so I can try to input the information again to have the phone remember the password and username?

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Have you tried deleting you work network and starting new?
    Next time you are connected to your work network go to settings and under wifi you will see the network that you are connected to.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1327447232.506132.jpg
    Click on it and should see forget this network.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1327447280.214083.jpg
    You will get an are you sure screen.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1327447323.620090.jpg
    Forget it. Do a hard reset. Go back to your settings. Should recognize your work network. Enter your password and try and see what happens.

6. ZzZ63

ZzZ63 New Member

Hi Rugaby, The rebooting of the iPhone worked out fine everything is working out great now thank you for your reply.

7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You're welcome.