WiFi not turning back on after sleep?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Macrosee, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Macrosee

Macrosee Guest

So as well as my WiFi keep randomly dropping it also doesn't always come back on, especially after sleep, sometimes I can get it back by manually switching WiFi off and on again but sometimes I have to reboot the phone! Anyone else having any WiFi issues at all?

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Which model of the iPhone do you have? What version of iOS are you running? How many wifi connections are in your home or close by that your phone can see?

I have an Extreme in addition to the home's verizon router ... that's 2 home networks. It's not uncommon for my 5S to pick up the Vz router before connecting to the Extreme when I return home. I've also seen this first thing in the morning but not recently. I've usually noticed this because my Extreme has the faster connections.

3. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

I am experiencing similar issues on my Plus. I'll be messing with it for a little while before noticing it isn't on wifi anymore, and when I go into the wifi settings, it shows the spinning icon next to my network like it's trying to connect but won't. Then if I switch wifi off and on, it'll connect again.

I'm chalking this up to a small bug and hoping that a fix is coming in iOS 8.0.2 (even though I heard 8.0.1 didn't address any wifi issues).

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

My wife's iPhone 6 had a similar issue with WiFi. Toggling it on/off did not resolve the problem. I rebooted the phone and it worked.

5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

We have been experiencing my phenomenon since before 8.0. I just figured it was merely our particular situation. I've seen the same thing, the spinning icon. I leave "ask to join" on. My preferred network shows up in the list 99% of the time so it's a simple tap to rejoin.
    YMMV

6. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

#6 iphone1027, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  7. Macrosee

Macrosee Guest

iPhone 6, it is iOS 8, two connections.

8. Macrosee

Macrosee Guest

9. iphone1027

iphone1027 Member
    Bronze

Let us know the outcome.

10. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I've reset per the instructions and restarted. My 5S connected to the preferred network. I'll report back after leaving the house for a while. Thanks

11. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I returned home a while ago and my 5S reconnected to my preferred WiFi network upon arrival. The fix appears to have worked as suggested.
    Many Thanks

12. Macrosee

Macrosee Guest

Yes, the problem had been solved.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I had this happen to me too this afternoon. Wifi was on but it showed no wifi anywhere. Rebooting phone fixed it.

14. Jin

Jin Member
    Bronze

So are we suppose to reboot the phone every time. A bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I only had it happen this one time. Hopefully that's it.

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold