WiFi not turning back on after sleep?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
M

Macrosee

So as well as my WiFi keep randomly dropping it also doesn't always come back on, especially after sleep, sometimes I can get it back by manually switching WiFi off and on again but sometimes I have to reboot the phone! Anyone else having any WiFi issues at all?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
So as well as my WiFi keep randomly dropping it also doesn't always come back on, especially after sleep, sometimes I can get it back by manually switching WiFi off and on again but sometimes I have to reboot the phone! Anyone else having any WiFi issues at all?
Which model of the iPhone do you have? What version of iOS are you running? How many wifi connections are in your home or close by that your phone can see?

I have an Extreme in addition to the home's verizon router ... that's 2 home networks. It's not uncommon for my 5S to pick up the Vz router before connecting to the Extreme when I return home. I've also seen this first thing in the morning but not recently. I've usually noticed this because my Extreme has the faster connections.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I am experiencing similar issues on my Plus. I'll be messing with it for a little while before noticing it isn't on wifi anymore, and when I go into the wifi settings, it shows the spinning icon next to my network like it's trying to connect but won't. Then if I switch wifi off and on, it'll connect again.

I'm chalking this up to a small bug and hoping that a fix is coming in iOS 8.0.2 (even though I heard 8.0.1 didn't address any wifi issues).

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My wife's iPhone 6 had a similar issue with WiFi. Toggling it on/off did not resolve the problem. I rebooted the phone and it worked.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
We have been experiencing my phenomenon since before 8.0. I just figured it was merely our particular situation. I've seen the same thing, the spinning icon. I leave "ask to join" on. My preferred network shows up in the list 99% of the time so it's a simple tap to rejoin.
YMMV

M

Macrosee

Which model of the iPhone do you have? What version of iOS are you running? How many wifi connections are in your home or close by that your phone can see?

I have an Extreme in addition to the home's verizon router ... that's 2 home networks. It's not uncommon for my 5S to pick up the Vz router before connecting to the Extreme when I return home. I've also seen this first thing in the morning but not recently. I've usually noticed this because my Extreme has the faster connections.
iPhone 6, it is iOS 8, two connections.

Jin

Bronze
Oct 2, 2012
So are we suppose to reboot the phone every time. A bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums