WiFi not working

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
I have never had a problem sitting at home and using WIFI. The other day it just didn't connect at all. All my setting are correct. I even chose the forget network option and entered the network again. I just wont connect. Help.

Dec 18, 2007
Danbury, CT
I posted this is the WiFi forum... but ever since I downloaded the new iPhone software update, my WiFi has been cutting out no matter what network I'm on. Taking it to the Genius Bar on Tuesday.

VALET dude

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas
did you try reseting your phone? (hold down home and sleep button till you see the Apple logo)

Dec 18, 2007
Danbury, CT
did you try reseting your phone? (hold down home and sleep button till you see the Apple logo)
I did tried re-setting it a number of times. I haven't come across anyone else who has had this problem... Hopefully the Genius Bar might have an answer.

Thank you for the suggestion.

fjclaus

Bronze
Dec 8, 2009
My home is hooked up as a Wifi connection. My laptops and everything else works on Wifi, but when I hook my iPhone up, it doesn't work. The iPhone says it's connected to my wifi connection but it wont access my Docs to go desktop nor will it access the net. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

A

alexjems41

It could be your computer has wifi on but internet sharing OFF so that your iPhone sees the network but when you try to connect to the net the computer says, nope net sharing is OFF then the iPhone fails to connect and drops to a 3g/Edge connection to attempt connecting.so go to System preferences/sharing/internet and turn internet sharing ON. If you don't then the wifi is for computer to computer only and won't pass through the connection to the internet for your iPhone.