WiFi on, but no longer seeing the connections it used to see

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

i elf

Jul 22, 2007
My wifi used to work fine. Found my network as well as saw my neighbor's secured network. Now it finds nothing. All other wireless devices in my house work fine. Also used to work at the mall and at work.

It seems as if the wifi hardware must be broken.

I've tried turning on airplane mode for a minute.
I've tried powering down and rebooting.
I've done a restore to factory settings.

Wifi is on and airplane mode is off (sending this via edge on my iPhone).

I'm fresh out of ideas, should I be returning my iPhone for repairs?

-elf

yipses

Sep 25, 2007
I have the same problem as you... i hope there's a software fix out there. I don't have the receipt anymore so I can't return it :(

i elf

Jul 22, 2007
I had to return it. Make sure you schedule an appointment in advance to see a "genius" as they're awfuly rude to you if you just show up and offer to wait for the "next available". They'll let you wait, but you could be there hours.

In the end the guy looked at my phone, I ran through the steps, he confirmed I'd done everything that could be done, and gave me a new phone along with a new receipt. I hadn't brought mine in, so I don't think you need the receipt, it's pretty clear that you've had your iPhone for less than a year.

-elf

yipses

Sep 25, 2007
great, i don't think they take too kindly to me bringing in an unlocked phone. Even if I revert back to factory condition, i have no way to "show" them wifi doesn't work because it will then not be activated! Anyone have any idea how I can get around this? :sick: