WiFi on/off app

I realize that to turn on/off your wifi and/or bluetooth, you go into settings and turn them on/off. I am looking for something on the 'desktop' that is always there and quick to use. You would think there would be such an app.

I have a VZW iPhone 4 running 6.1.3

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I realize that to turn on/off your wifi and/or bluetooth, you go into settings and turn them on/off. I am looking for something on the 'desktop' that is always there and quick to use. You would think there would be such an app.

I have a VZW iPhone 4 running 6.1.3
You'd have to jailbreak your iPhone to have that feature.

photo.PNG

Jeepinkj

Bronze
Oct 10, 2012
virginia
When you jail break and run all that extra stuff does it run your battery down faster.. That's why I haven't jail broke mine yet cause never knew this

64gb iPhone5 black

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not sure why, but Apple is adamantly opposed to settings toggles. They increase ease of use and improve the user experience. I don't see how Apple could possibly think they are confusing. If you can't jailbreak, there is nothing currently available. There have been options for stock iPhones in the past though. In the fall of 2011, when 5.0 first came out, Jeff Brodrick made some classy settings toggles that worked as shortcuts. They worked beautifully and could be placed on the homescreen or in a folder. They were a great alternative to SBSettings at the time since an iPhone 4S jailbreak wouldn't become available for another several months. Apple quickly disabled them with an iOS update. Here's a screenshot of mine from 2011. I threw a flashlight app into the folder. It was the only one I needed that wasn't included as a toggle.
IMG_0400.PNG

Before of after that, I was never able to find a stock app for WiFi, but there used to be one for Bluetooth. Apparently, Apple pulled it shortly thereafter because it is no longer available either. Hopefully 7.0 will include settings toggles; they are long overdue.
Screen Shot 2013-04-14 at 5.57.07 PM.png

Apr 8, 2013
There are so many such apps available via cydia, but for that you need to jailbreak your iPhone.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I'm not sure why, but Apple is adamantly opposed to settings toggles. They increase ease of use and improve the user experience. I don't see how Apple could possibly think they are confusing. If you can't jailbreak, there is nothing currently available. There have been options for stock iPhones in the past though. In the fall of 2011, when 5.0 first came out, Jeff Brodrick made some classy settings toggles that worked as shortcuts. They worked beautifully and could be placed on the homescreen or in a folder. They were a great alternative to SBSettings at the time since an iPhone 4S jailbreak wouldn't become available for another several months. Apple quickly disabled them with an iOS update. Here's a screenshot of mine from 2011. I threw a flashlight app into the folder. It was the only one I needed that wasn't included as a toggle.
View attachment 28900

Before of after that, I was never able to find a stock app for WiFi, but there used to be one for Bluetooth. Apparently, Apple pulled it shortly thereafter because it is no longer available either. Hopefully 7.0 will include settings toggles; they are long overdue.
View attachment 28899
I'd forgotten about those non-jailbreak toggles. They were a cool fix.

Sent using iCafe app

I know about jailbreaking. Unfortunately, I upgraded to 6.1.3. The semi untethered jb is a pain in the ass. I appreciate the input though.

I have found (in the past) that jbs use a little more battery than the iOS's. From my experience...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think 1 comment / question is hijacking a thread...
Agreed. Especially since the OP's question was already answered in detail and he had no further questions.