WiFi problem after updating to 5.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdamK, Apr 21, 2012.

1. AdamK

AdamK New Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask if this was a common problem.

I updated to iOS 5.1 the day it got released and quickly realised that my wifi kept cutting out, usually after I had locked the phone and started using it again. I didn't think much of it but it kept happening. Most commonly, I would go to work, use the 3g then when coming home it would connect automatically to the wifi and it would show that its connected but wouldn't load any pages. A week or so later, my lock button decided to cave in so I was given a new iPhone by the Apple store but the problem still exists. My wifi works fine on my macbook and the 3-4 other laptops we have around the house, its just my iPhone it seem. The problem is still going on now.

Basically my iPhone shows that its connected to wifi but if I go to safari to browse, it doesn't load anything. The only way I can fix it is by going to settings and turning wifi on then off and this usually works for around 10 minutes before it happens again.

Any suggestions? I have the iPhone 4S. Ive tried 'forgetting the network' and re-entering my password for the wifi, tried a hard turn on and off, of the iPhone. Any other suggestions and is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks a lot, its driving me crazy

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Look to your router settings as a possible problem point....

3. mgiara

mgiara New Member

Restart both the iPhone and the router.
    When I'm diagnosing connectivity issues, a good first step is to power down and restart all devices. Sometimes starting with the router first helps.