WiFi problem need help here !

jackie91

Jan 31, 2008
hi hi i just got my iPhone when i at the shop the sale person show me the wifi connection after turn on the wifi it connect ... but later when i got back to my house it cant find any of the wifi network ... can anyone help me bout this ? really appreciate it ! thank you

jackie91

Jan 31, 2008
In your Settings, is WiFi turned ON? Also is it set to Ask to join networks ON? If ASK isn't set to ON you have to go to settings and select a network every time you want to use WiFi.
thank for reply ! i did on both button there got searching but the network doesn't come out ... i turn off and on again still nothing accept it keep searching only .....

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I agree with what gibby71 says. If you saw it work in the store but can't get it to work at home then I would go to a different location such as a coffee shop or other hotspot and see if you can connect there. If it works then the problem is with your router or router settings. If it doesn't work at the hotspot then take it back to Apple and have them look at it.

jackie91

Jan 31, 2008
i have try two other places still the same ..... does the network carrier make any diffrent? i brought this phone at hong kong but using it in malaysia after jailbreak it.... i wonder the network carrier will effect the wifi ....? thank for the advice ...!

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
Your jailbroken? all bets are off. Who knows what can be wrong. I have not jailbroken my phone for this exact reason. I don't want things to not work. Restore it and use it how it is supposed to be used.

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Either that or maybe you don't have a wireless router? Maybe its just a regular router without wireless. That makes no sense for it to work in one place and not another.

iCreep.

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
wi fi

get a print out of your router settings, i.e. IP, DNS, etc. Go to iPhone settings. Hit the MANUAL tab. Enter settings onto the iPhone and it should work. If asked for password, enter your WEP key letters/numbers.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
i have try two other places still the same ..... does the network carrier make any diffrent? i brought this phone at hong kong but using it in malaysia after jailbreak it.... i wonder the network carrier will effect the wifi ....? thank for the advice ...!
WiFi does work at the two other places, or does not? Cell carrier and phone operation should not necessarily affect WiFi functionality ...

jackie91

Jan 31, 2008
i know what is wireless router ! i have jailbreak it cause i using other gsm carrier ..... so ...? any idea?

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
wifi router/modum

Basically it'd a little box that with an antenna. You plug it into the back of your computer for high speed Internet connection.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
try it at another location that you know has wifi. IF it works there, then you've got wireless router settings problem at your home.

jackie91

Jan 31, 2008
try it at another location that you know has wifi. IF it works there, then you've got wireless router settings problem at your home.
i did try few places still the same .... is there a diffrent setting on the router? what i suppose to set on the router?