WiFi Settings Disabled - "No Wi-Fi"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manfredfunco, Jul 1, 2007.

1. MYWIFIISCRAZY

MYWIFIISCRAZY New Member

I'm having the same problems. If you get any results on how to fix it please email me at Soccerchan84@live.com. Thanks!
  2. Jason.Tayamora

Jason.Tayamora New Member

How am I going to fix it. I got same problem...
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. fury

fury Evangelist

This is an indication that your wifi chip is malfunctioning. If a software restore (as a new phone, not from backup) does not fix it, it is definitely a hardware issue. If you're still under warranty and can get to an Apple store, then set up an appointment for a genius bar and they will replace it no questions asked.

If it's not under warranty, but you feel comfortable opening it up (if it's a second or third generation iPhone) then do so and reseat all of the cables. Sometimes this can be enough to set everything back in working order. After all, the iPhone is nothing more than a very very VERY miniaturized computer, and computers can exhibit odd behavior as well when their cables and sockets aren't tightly seated.

If you feel so inclined to try and dig in and fix it yourself, iFixit has many detailed guides on disassembling the iPhones -- http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/search/iPhone -- but you may be out of luck if the chip itself is broken. That'd require replacing the logic board in most cases.
  5. Xanthous

Xanthous Member

So I have no wifi as well. I've never been to an apple store..bought my phone on ebay. I have no warranty. What are my chances on getting this fixed? thanks.
  6. langman18

langman18 New Member

I am having this problem on my ipod
  7. Jamcas

Jamcas New Member

my Iphone went off, when I plugged it in to charge it, I noticed that there was no wifi symbol at the top, I then went to SETTINGS and wifi is grayed and cannot be enabled. I cannot remember doing anything on my iphone... I also noticed that my battery gets discharged easily. before, my phone can reach 18% before it turns off, now, it turns off by itself on 50%.

im gonna go crazy.. HELP!
  8. Demi Cowell

Demi Cowell New Member

Yeaah my iphone 3GS has done exactly the same! It says "No Wifi" 'grayed' out. I dropped it in water but everything is okaay after I dried it out but after a while it was all totally fine but then I couldn't get wifi at all???
    What can I do except get another because it isn't under insurance for water damage so I can't get a new one jus because the wifi isn't workin because they will see that the sticker is red in the headphones port!! But it jus won't let me connect to it + will charge off my laptop but won't display my pictures on it on "my computer" like it should do. Any help guys pleaase because I really need the internet on it <3
  9. Europa

Europa Moderator

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559
  10. djchris42

djchris42 New Member

The phone is most likely corroding from the inside, slowly taking out each component one by one. Only way to get it fix is to have it replaced and id suggest taking it down to a Apple Store to see how much it would cost for a replacement unit. :)
  11. Rnsh

Rnsh New Member

I have had the same problem on my iphone 4 MC model with baseband 4.11.10 on 4.3.3 firmware.

unlocked using gevey sim

WHAT I NOTICED WAS THAT WHEN I HAVE NO WIFI MY IMEI ALSO IS LOST as in comes up blank

I have figured a way to fix this by resetting all settings..
    This solution works most time but some times I have to do it couple of times and also put phone on airplane mode to get it going again

my prob now is that its quiet irritating having to reset the phone more than couple of times in a day..
    I hope someone can advice on a proper fix for this problem

is this a hardware issue or a software one??
  12. shane017

shane017 New Member

I had the same and now have the same problem I fixed by dropping it and my pants hit the wall with a light bump and wifi gone
  13. stejones

stejones New Member

Hi all I have the solution and it works fine on most IOS 7.0.4 update .What the problem is is that the I phone as grayed out the WIFI and Bluetooth cos there is a slight temperature problem with the chip in the phone you will not have to take this apart for this to work .Here is how to fix it first turn off the phone lay it on a table screen faced down grab a hairdryer and heat the Phone near the apple logo on the back cover for 2 minutes let is cool down and turn the phone back on you should now have a working WIFI and Bluetooth thank you.

THIS 100% WORKS
  14. Docd

Docd Contributor

DO NOT try this. You could do more harm than good. Any plastic could soften and I don't think even AppleCare + would cover this as this would considered abuse. On top of this is this persons first post and has no credibility. I hope the admin delete his post as I believe it is meant to do harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013