WiFi signal strength unstable

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Johnlennon78, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Hello guys,

Have you noticed that on ios6 it takes much longer to load an app? For instance when opening icafe, it takes me at least 10sec before it loads the thread... Also I noticed that he signal meter for the wifi is unstable. I am standing next to my wireless router , and the meter shows me 2 bars than 3 than 2 etc... Wonder what causes that? Anyone Having the issues?

2. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Wifi unstable yes. Goes from 0 bars to full strength.

Thought it was just my wifi itself though. Think I'll reset it and see what happens.

Lots of lag when typing in this forum too. Not sure it's IOS 6 though.

3. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Having same issues on wifi. Been using a lot of data lately because of it. :(

4. Jim B

Jim B New Member

Yes, I'm having to trouble with WiFi. I thought it was just my iPhone 4

I not having problems with connecting to a WiFi network, but it often drops the connection and I go onto my 3G coverage, then it picks the WiFi back up.

And also I don't seem to get the WiFi range I did with iOS 5

All in all I'm quite disappointed with iOS 6. I believe it was rushed before it was actually ready for release.

5. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Wow glad and sorry at the same time to hear I may not be the only one having issues with the wifi strength.

6. Cgrntx

Cgrntx New Member

I knew it! Mine keeps switching off the wi-fi.

7. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

I'm having same problem. I even restored. Still the same. Keep getting kicked off wifi. And I keep having to manually log in to already logged in wifi at home.

8. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Mine isn't the best on my 5 either. I'm hoping it can be fixed in a software update...

9. Jeff71hotrod

Jeff71hotrod Member
    Bronze

Same here. I have to reset all the time

10. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

And, I thought my problem was with my FiOS router so I rebooted it and it's still happening. Apple needs to get it together before releasing new iOS and new iPhones.

11. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Same here. Rebooted my router and still the same dropping wifi signal. Full bars and then none - just the dot. Then back again. Occasionally I drop back to 3 G.

Can't believe all the problems with IOS 6. Not Apple like at all.

Quite disappointing really.

Saw a cool commercial for the Galaxy S3. It sounded like its light years ahead still - even over the 5...

I don't know though... Got so much invested in apps...

12. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I reset network settings yesterday and things seem to work fine now. I still think mines a software issue so I'll wait until an update comes out.

13. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Of course a Samsung commercial for one of their products is going to make it appealing. Trust me. Android and especially the S III aren't without their own problems. There's no such thing as a perfect phone.

I know it's no consolation, but my wifi has been rock solid on my 5. Even on 5Ghz N.

14. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

I realize that no phone is without problems. I guess I didn't expect the sheer number of issues with Apple.

The Samsung appears to have several features that are still beyond the vaunted iPhone 5 though. I don't mind giving up these features for a phone that flat out works. However, when I encounter having several problems and a phone that is still behind the leaders in many ways, it's frustrating. It does force me to look at the options as it will with many.

Will I get the S3? Doubt it. But it has made me at least peruse the idea. If everything worked as it should (and did), I wouldn't have any inclination to even bring it up.

In my circle, there have been a few that have left Apple and many that are contemplating. I think the deciding factor will be Apple's response (or lack of one) to what IOS 6 has become.

Again, my opinion. Ymmv.

15. Jamagan7

Jamagan7 New Member

I have the same wi-fi problems: (1)inconsistent connection; must re-connect through the day at hone. (2) the range is definitely less than in ios5.0.1

16. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I typically now switch to LTE as the wifi is so slow. I have rebooted routers, etc. I will wait till the initial iPhone 5 orders get full filled and then make a genius appointment and get a replacement unit if a software update does not solve the wifi woes.

17. BillF

BillF New Member

I'm having the same problem with my 4S and IOS6 dropping wi-if every once in a while while here on my home wi-fi network. It never did that before I upgraded to 6. I'll look at the phone and it will be saying 3G and then go back to wi-fi all by itself. I've also noticed that if I go to settings, general, usage, cellular usage it will show cellular network data has been used. If I reset the stats and check again after a while it shows usage even though its still connected to wi-fi. Is this normal? Should it show usage? I also see the wi-fi signal strength varying even though I have not moved the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

19. BillF

BillF New Member

No, I am on Sprint, but thanks for the reply. I got my new 32 GB iPhone 5 a few days ago and it has not dropped my home wi-fi link even once. My wife is now using my 4S and as part of the process of converting it over to her my local Sprint store basically wiped it and started it fresh for her. I think that may have helped since she hasn't complained about it dropping off, but then she may not have even noticed although I did warm her to watch for the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Prmatheron

Prmatheron New Member

Hi
    I updated to iOS 6 on my 4s and had wifi issues and it took all my data same now on iPhone 5 so I am for sure it is a software problem an not the hardware. Hope they release update really annoying used all my allowance in 3 days.