WiFi store on my phone - in GERMAN?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

trant01

Jul 14, 2007
can someone tell me why the wifi store on my phone is in german? Thats great and all except that I'm American and don't understand german. Thanks in advanced.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
If you are on 1.1.2 you could try removing the German langauge directory for the iTunes store. After I upgraded to 1.1.2 I went back into my phone with WinSCP and deleted the German and French and some other langauge directories. I figured it would give me more install room, I don't use those langauges anyway and my phone has been fine.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If you are on 1.1.2 you could try removing the German langauge directory for the iTunes store. After I upgraded to 1.1.2 I went back into my phone with WinSCP and deleted the German and French and some other langauge directories. I figured it would give me more install room, I don't use those langauges anyway and my phone has been fine.
But doing that when a piece of software is using it could hose the phone. If he removes the German langauge directory and then the WiFi store goes to look for it, he might have serious problems. I would get it fixed first then consider removing the files no longer needed.