WiFi to 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by zep7772, Jun 21, 2012.

1. zep7772

zep7772 New Member

hi my wife has iPhone 3gs and when she walks in and out house it automacally change from wifi to 3g.

i have iPhone 4s and it does not do this.it stays on 3g and i have to manully change it to wifi when i walk in the house.if i foget i loose all my allowenc.ive tryed to change threw general settings but no luck.
    has anyone got any ideas i can try to make it change autacally when i walk in and out my house to change from wifi to 3g please

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

If you are connected to wifi in your house and you leave it will automatically go from wifi to 3G when the wifi signal is no longer available. When you return home it should automatically connect to the wifi again when the signal is sensed.
    If this is not occurring I would recommend a hard reset at first. If this still doesn't fix the problem try resetting your network settings. This will erase all wifi passwords but may fix the problem. When in doubt you can always try a restore and go from new.

3. Troubleina

Troubleina Member
    Bronze

Some routers are not very compatable with Apple products. I had a netgear, and it would never connect or if it did, would drop regularly. So often, i purchased a new router, which solved the problem 100%!
    Since, i googled it and found a few routers are finiky with Apple devices.

4. zep7772

zep7772 New Member

thanks for your input

5. zep7772

zep7772 New Member

thanks for your input.just to say it goes onto btopenzone so next time I've been told to tell it to forget this wifi network

6. brownd

brownd New Member

Yes, you can buy a mobile hotspot (or get a free one) from Verizon. You just turn it on and you can connect to it with your iPad through wifi.
    ZQuiet