WiFi? What am I doing wrong?!

Jun 20, 2007
hey guys love the iPhone! One question though, when I connect to my wifi at home the iPhone found my wireless router and it has a password. I put the password in and it says connected. Then I go into safari and it shows the wifi symbol instead of the e for about 30 seconds and then it goes back to the E again. I go back to the wifi settings and it says connected but still has that stupid E LOL! What is the deal with that... Could it be connected? It seems as if its still using atts edge! Note: when it has the wifi symbol it goes a lot quicker than edge.... I also noticed that when I look at the wifi setting it has a lock by it? Please help me out! Its not that big deal but it is something that's buggin me : )

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Yeah I can't get it to use my wifi. With WEP without WEP. It will not go to Wifi and use it. I can't figure it out.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I was having that problem I went into my wifi settings and changed my wep type to hex and then it worked wifi os way faster!

sharonc

Jun 30, 2007
I have non-secured WIFI but Safari doesn't work

I'll call the iPhone tech support first thing when they (I) wake up, but here's my issue if anyone has been able to solve it: the iPhone recognizes my home wifi network fine, and it shows a strong signal, BUT once I try to open Safari or Mail or Youtube, it fails to open. I turned off the WIFI at this point and am using AT&T's EDGE instead which is faster than media has made it out to be, but still, I'd like to use my own "free" wifi! Any help would be greatly appreciated. :sick:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
hey guys love the iPhone! One question though, when I connect to my wifi at home the iPhone found my wireless router and it has a password. I put the password in and it says connected. Then I go into safari and it shows the wifi symbol instead of the e for about 30 seconds and then it goes back to the E again. I go back to the wifi settings and it says connected but still has that stupid E LOL! What is the deal with that... Could it be connected? It seems as if its still using atts edge! Note: when it has the wifi symbol it goes a lot quicker than edge.... I also noticed that when I look at the wifi setting it has a lock by it? Please help me out! Its not that big deal but it is something that's buggin me : )
For the first hour or so, I was able to use my WEP Wifi with no problems. Then all of a sudden, I had the same problem as you: It would switch to Wifi for a few seconds, then back to the E icon. So I ended up deleting my Wifi network via the settings menu, then added it back on again. That seemed to fix the problem, but who knows for how long.

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
Same problem here. When I leave it alone the icon will show the signal strength of my wifi connection, but as soon as I do something that requires internet connection it switched back to using edge...