Wil Apple Replace My iPhone?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I bought a used iPhone on August 4 from craigslist. The phone is acting totally retarted! It sometimes doesn't even bother to respond. The games turn on then go back home automatically. App Store doesn't work whatsoever! It freezes on a page and then forces the whole fone to freeze with the store. Safari also has sudden freezes, same with youtube! I want to go take it back to the Apple store to get it replaced but there's a problem! I am not the original owner :(. Will Apple let me exchange it for a new/refurb one even though I ain't the original owner. I asked the guy when he bought it, he said it was in March so I'm guessing it's still under warranty. It is Jailbroken so I will have to restore it back to normal firmware. So will they replace it or will the original owner have to do that?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
have you tried to restore it yet? if not just try a restore, jailbreak again, and the phone might be perfect again. if it still acts weird after the restore, restore again but set up as new, and then take back to the Apple store and you should have no problem getting it replaced.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I restored 2 times (jailbroken) and still with the same bitc*y iPhone attitude! So they will replace it? My excuse will be that he gave it to me and I use it as a regular iPod. hopefully they accept it and give me a new one. It's got a lot of scratches, knicks on the top left, scratches on the bottom speaker, and a ton of scratches on the back

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
try one last restore, but set up as a new phone and see if it works then. if not take it to Apple. they're not going to ask you if you were the original owner, for all the know it was gifted to you brand new. the phone sounds a lil beat up so if they don't replace it for free that would b the only reason why.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Its not in horrible condition, it has scratches but they aren't noticeable unless u really really look into the phone. I just got a case for it last week to prevent any more scratches. It's that no matter what I do, it still is being an a**hole to me. It's blanked out! no apps, no music, nada! AND ITS still being jacked up! Idk if it's the touchscreen that's having issues but I'm going to have to take it in soon because I can't handle it no more! I also somewhat tap it with slight not a lot of pressure and it makes waves! like if I pushed it real hard And true, but won't they ask me for my phone number and stuff? Because the IMEI identifies who owned it first?