Will 6s cases fit a 6? Same size?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by kerriberri, Sep 15, 2015.

1. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

I'm seeing all new cases coming out for the 6s+ and was wondering if they'll still fit an original 6+? I read that the dimensions are slightly different but is it a big enough difference to affect cases? I'm seeing a lot of new cases out there that I would love to try.

Thanks!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep, they fit great.

3. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Awesome! Thank you

4. carolineBonnita

carolineBonnita New Member

iphone6 case can iphone6s. while iphone 6 plus case can fit iphone6s plus

5. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I have heard that everything but the waterproof cases will fit just fine.

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've already got an iPhone 6 Lifeproof case on standby for when I get my 6s. If it doesn't fit properly I'll just return it and use something else while I'm waiting for the 6s version. Hopefully it won't take too long to re-tool for the new case, the 6s is only .004"-.008" bigger. I know that seems small, but it could mean the difference between having a perfect seal or not. I use Lifeproof more for the drop and dirt protection (as well as the belt clip and other accessories) than the waterproof element anyway. That being said, a Lifeproof did save my 5s from an accidental submersion one time.

7. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Yeah I can imagine that difference will matter. I have the lifeproof on my 6+ now and it is a snug fit. I'll also get the new one once they release it because I use my phone in the water all the time. I took it tubing a few weeks back and also kayaking.

8. engelke2010

engelke2010 Member
    Bronze

I bought a silicone case for my 6s+, which I got yesterday. It fits my 6+ perfectly.