Will a free bumper make you feel better?

Will A Free Bumper Make You Keep Your iPhone 4 with Antenna Issues?

• Yes, atleast I will have a signal then

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • No, nothing short of a replacement will make me happy!

Votes: 29 60.4%

• Total voters

danielle.

Bronze
May 9, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
They should just fix the phone (if they haven't done it already), and everyone having problems should just be able to swap it for the "new" one if their phone was made before the week they made the repairs.

But I'm not having any problems whatsoever so yes, I'd love a free bumper :D

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I didn't have the problem when I was going raw (caseless)... but now I'm in an iFrogz case, and of course no problems....

I'd like a free bumper if they were giving them away, because every now and then, I'd like to take the iFrogz case off, and put that nice bumper on it... kinda like pulling the Corvette out of the garage on the weekends... ya know?

pasmaczek

Jul 15, 2010
Colorado Springs CO
I have not had any problems with my phone dropping calls when I was case-less. But i went ahead and bought an iFrogz case and an pink bumper, just because I like them. If Apple fixes the problem great if not like I said my phone works fine. If I could get my $30 back on my bumper that's awesome but I'm not going to make a big deal out of something that isn't even a problem for me, an even if it was has such a simple fix.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
no vote, because my phone is in a case and no signal problems at all (though haven't tested it without a case since I'm not unsnapping it just to check-I don't believe in irritating things that way-don't like fussing with cases). But I have no problems so don't personally need a replacement, although I can well understand those that do want one. I also personally have always chosen to use a case, and a case that has a back, so even if we all were issued a bumper case, I would never use it anyway.
Also, where does the serial number deal come into play? Mine is week 28. Has this been proven to be of relevance?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am one of the lucky ones that haven't had issues with my phone, but like many here I don't see a free case as a solution. The phone needs to be fixed so it works with or without a case.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I don't think for one second that giving out free bumpers will shut people up. The problem will always be there until fixed. No one will forget about it until it's truly fixed without having something on the outside. I haven't really had any more problems with mine than my 3GS but the way Apple is going about the problem doesn't sit very well with me. Surely something will surpass the iPhone in everyway and outperform it sooner or later..... When that happens.... I might just jump ship because of this situation.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I hope Apple does the right thing and offers a fix of some sort, whether that be a recall or trade in. A bumper is by far no permanent fix, only a cover up. That's like putting a piece of tape over a hole in your tire and saying it's fixed. I'm sorry, but anyone hoping that a free bumper is the solution to this problem is truly foolish.

Give me a phone that works, or you risk losing a loyal customer.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Honestly, no. I've had every iPhone except the 3GS, have two MacBook Pros and a Mac Desktop. I'm pro-Apple... a PC convert. But, really, they need to fix it and free bumpers isn't a fix. While I can create the signal change if I try, I haven't personally had a problem with dropped calls. Now, talk to me about that damn proximity sensor and the fact that my battery life sucks ass.

gtmasta

Bronze
Nov 14, 2009
Free bumper or gift card and a sincere apology with jobs admitting the flaw will make me happy. All I want is some honesty

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Now, talk to me about that damn proximity sensor and the fact that my battery life sucks ass.
You should take your phone into an Apple store for an exchange, especially since your battery life "sucks" -- that's not a common issue.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I'm going to try and get in this weekend to talk with a "genius". It's been a crazy few weeks and I haven't been able to get it.

The sensor has been a problem from day one but it seems that the battery is getting worse all the time. I have to charge it daily and I really don't do anything extensive on it. I check Facebook, email and play a game or two but no movie watching or you tube. Not. Even a lot of phone calls.

Just cruising the EIC app and typing this message has cost me 2% of my battery. I have all the battery sucking settings off as well.

Oh well.