Will an iPhone last in a dusty environment?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

durtj

Sep 23, 2007
I am looking at getting an iPhone not because its trendy or anything like that, being that i never have even owned an ipod. What I'm generally looking at it for is because i like the idea of just a touch screen without buttons. I'm in construction and from time to time my job has me in very dusty environments. I can always put my phone away, but i'd rather not. I've never seen an iPhone in real life but from what i gather is that it doesn't have too many openings? Thus dust will not be a big issue with it? Even then, is there a case which would completely enclose it? Thanks in advance.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I am looking at getting an iPhone not because its trendy or anything like that, being that i never have even owned an ipod. What I'm generally looking at it for is because i like the idea of just a touch screen without buttons. I'm in construction and from time to time my job has me in very dusty environments. I can always put my phone away, but i'd rather not. I've never seen an iPhone in real life but from what i gather is that it doesn't have too many openings? Thus dust will not be a big issue with it? Even then, is there a case which would completely enclose it? Thanks in advance.
Any dust will make it through those many little holes. Try it my way: put it in a small transparent plastic bag on dusty/rainy days (the kind bought at the grocery store for my kid's snack). The touch screen works perfectly through it.

durtj

Sep 23, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what little holes there is in the phone as I haven't seen one up close. To maybe ask a better question, would this phone 'ingest' more or less dust than most other phones, say, a razr?

ab4ux

Sep 2, 2007

Well I have had my iPhone 2 months now and I see no dust inside mine. I am a poultry farmer. You want to talk about dust. Most of the time you can cut it with a knife inside the houses. No problems so far and I just have it in the belkin pouch with the open top and screen bottom.

Isabelle

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I think you'll be fine.

However, if you want to be sure that you don't get any dust at all on your iPhone, I would strongly recommend that you buy bestskinsever or invisible shield. Then there would be no way for you to get dust in the phone.