Will Apple change the iOS 7 icons?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Aug 6, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

When Apple first showcased iOS 7, count me among those who was a bit taken back by the new icon design. They've grown on me, maybe because I'm more concerned with new features, than with the icon colors/design. That's not to say I'm thrilled with the icons. Actually, it's quite the opposite. This being the first major overhaul of iOS, this was a big opportunity. Say what you will, but there is plenty of negative feedback regarding the icons. Some people cannot get past it, which is a shame when you consider all the features of iOS 7.

iOS7-1.jpg

Today's release of iOS 7 5 beta has showed us that Apple is comfortable changing icon designs with Settings. Is that a sign? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Apple isn't showing all of their cards. I think they are polishing up all of the designs, while the the beta period rolls on. When it's time for the golden master, it will be a big BOOM.

So am I crazy?

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

You are crazy.

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

What did Steve have to say about the crazy one's?

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Something about being crazy enough to think they can change the world one icon at a time and often do? :ROFLMAO:

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I could post a link to a poll where more people approved of the icons than disapproved of them. I guess it all depends on which source you use.

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I honestly think most of the backlash to these icons came from the original pink and teal wallpaper they used on the keynote that gave the whole OS a very pastel-ly look. That and the white border on Safari. I'm still not sold on that, but everything else is fine.