Will Apple change the iOS 7 icons?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
When Apple first showcased iOS 7, count me among those who was a bit taken back by the new icon design. They've grown on me, maybe because I'm more concerned with new features, than with the icon colors/design. That's not to say I'm thrilled with the icons. Actually, it's quite the opposite. This being the first major overhaul of iOS, this was a big opportunity. Say what you will, but there is plenty of negative feedback regarding the icons. Some people cannot get past it, which is a shame when you consider all the features of iOS 7.

iOS7-1.jpg

Today's release of iOS 7 5 beta has showed us that Apple is comfortable changing icon designs with Settings. Is that a sign? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Apple isn't showing all of their cards. I think they are polishing up all of the designs, while the the beta period rolls on. When it's time for the golden master, it will be a big BOOM.

So am I crazy?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I honestly think most of the backlash to these icons came from the original pink and teal wallpaper they used on the keynote that gave the whole OS a very pastel-ly look. That and the white border on Safari. I'm still not sold on that, but everything else is fine.